• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What Are You Reading Right Now?

The book I'm reading right now is "Southern Daughter" by Darden Asbury Pyron. It's the biography of Margaret Mitchell, the author of "Gone With the Wind." I don't normally read biographies, but I've read "Gone With the Wind" and seen the movie and was curious about the life of its author. She grew up in the early 1900's and never quite fit in with the stereotype of the typical southern lady. She was a journalist when few women survived in that environment, but "Gone With the Wind" was her only book of fiction. Her biography is very detailed in its analysis of the motivation and intricate thought processes Margaret went through to produce her masterpiece.

Werbung:
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I just started chapter three and I'm a little nervous. I don't usually listen to other people's opinions on books because we all like different things for different reasons but when I was updating my Goodreads account to add it, practically every review was negative and a lot of them said the first three chapters were good then it went downhill from there. :( But I will soldier on and finish it because I have nothing better to do. :)

Right now, I have started reading the bible. Then I plan on starting the Koran...and then on to The Torah and Bhagvad Gita etc . I just completed A Course In Miracles by The Peace Foundation...it took me a year but it was time SO well spent.

That's some heavy duty reading!

I'm currently reading, The Foundation by Issac Asimov. Actually, I'm re-reading it.

Turns out I was being far too adventurous. I lost interest very quickly. I am now sticking to magazines. Oh well, at least I tried...even though I never got very far.

I just started the Catcher in the Rye... I am ... struggling to not be really frustrated by it. I've read the first three chapters and am already so annoyed with the repetitiveness of it I could scream. But I've set a goal for myself to read more of the "classics" so I will soldier on.

I'm reading Out of Africa by Karen Blixen. I absolutely love it and I read it at least once a year:p It's one of those books that never bore me. It's really well-written, lovely and very poetic. It always makes me dream about moving to Africa and live like Karen Blixen did - with champagne and expensive china in the middle of the jungle.

I'm currently reading a book about body language and how to spot liars. find this genre of books really interesting and useful, because it helps you learn how to read the body language of most people out there. Now I can tell if a hug is most likely to be a honest one or not! By not a honest one I mean a fake one! I have also learnt to recognize what kind of things liars say, how how they paraphrase themselves. I cant believe i never saw it before, but now is as clear as water!

Werbung:
I've just started the last book in the Midnight Texas trilogy by Charlaine Harris.
Picked up the collection because I enjoyed the few of her other books I'd read, and apparently NBC has commissioned a series to be aired later this year.

Back