• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Parents

crikey o' riley hotchick, if u ever need to talk just PM me, please anytime of day or night, and i will reply as soon as i can.

anyone else have really overprotective parents? i'm nearly 18 (in april) and they treat me like i'm 12

Werbung:
haha yer i have an over-protective parent.. my mum thinks im going ot get attacked every 5 secs im not with her :p it was a big step for her to let me go shopping alone with my friends without some sort of parental chaperone :p but then i spose im only 14/15.... gah :p

L, you joined this site?? so weird, i just joined today!

arwenpotter, I can TOTALLY relate. whenever I want to go somewhere w/my friend, I always have to tell my mom that her mom is taking me and staying with me, when it's normally either her mom is taking me and dropping me off or her boyfriend (well, ex now) takes us. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was like woah....lol

My parents used to be kinda overprotective like they wouldnt let me go anywhere alone. And they still kinda are...and that annoys me sometimes...a lot.

yer but alas beleive it or not they mean well! lol we'll probably do it to our kids :lol2: and then watch them go through wot we did and laugh aboot it.

shes relenting a bit.. i get to catch a bus by myself! well depending on where it going.. no interchanges for sure but even i gree with that.. there can be some WIERD people at interchanges O_O

and Lunabell/Marie you can just call me Arwen or AR*Z :p

Suppose thats true, but seriously i get so annoyed sometimes...lol
And i mean its like if i dont call when im out doing something they r like WHY DIDNT YOU CALL? And im like...please...lol
Ok i have to admit being out late and all that can be kinda dangerous. I mean you never know who might walk up to you.
It is kinda scary actually...

They mean well, but it is bloody annoying. (argh! gotta lay off the harry potter speak) I would rather just say, "Matt is driving me and Tia to the mall" instead of saying, "um...her mom is taking us". as for kids, I'm not even sure if I
ll have any, so no worries for M! :twirl:

Hehe...kk...
Cool sig btw...it just get so frustrating sometimes. I dunno if they have some problems letting go or whatever but i mean im turning 18 this year...then what?

lol aight M so you get off easy :lol:

O_O wow... my foster mum is relenting and im *checks* 12 days from 15 weheeee hehehhe. well she lets my foster rbother go anywhere even without telling her and hes 18 now so something to look forward too?

ya not fun to lie... but meh i just get her to drop me and a friend off adn shes goen :p

Gosh, that sucks that she's so over protective. My parents aren't nearly that bad but that could just be because I never really push the limits because I understand and agree with the limits they put.

They know all my friends and trust that, if I ever got into a compromising situation (like having something to do with smoking, drugs, alcohol....) they know I'll make the right decision. They accept they can't prevent me if I were really bent on doing something but if they inform me, they hope I'll mkae the right decision. The last time I went to a party with alcohol my mum told me to eat lots and recommended I just drink shandies because I'm small and have a low alcohol tolerance. And my Dad said we doesn't care whether I get drunk, as long as I do it in a safe place with people I know.

I call to tell what I'm going and with who. I know that all they really want is to know and it's no trouble to keep them informed, I reckon.

My sister was a real handful though. She used to go to parties and all that. Whenever she'd complain to our parents when they wouldn't let her go she'd say "But everyone else is going!". My parents eventually took up ringing around all her friends and their parents to see who was actually going. She really didn't like that...heh.

my relationship between me and my 'rents isn't the best. they let me go out where i want, when i want, and when i told my dad i was going out on new years eve 5mins before i left, he told me "if you get drunk and end up in the gutter, don't expect me to come and get you". my parents don't care if i go out and get stoned or drunk, so long as i come home. when i go out and they ask when i'll be back they seem happy with the reply of "somewhere between now and never" but i don't mind. i enjoy the freedom. i basically live at my friends house anyway
<

This is gonna sound so morbid and I apologise... but don't leave it too late to tell them how much you really care...

Werbung:
i'd love that freedom. but then after a while i think i would be sick of it all
<

agreed with snows and potty
<

Back