• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Movie reviews

Snowbaby

See any good movies lately? Give us a mini-review of it. Doesn't have to be long, just a wee bit about the movie... but dont give away the ending!!! And whether or not u liked it. :D

82-0015.jpg

Werbung:
I saw The Village the other day. It was brilliant. The plot has so many incredibly unexpected twists in it, it leaves you going "Whaaaaaaa??". Well, it did that to me. My jaw was hanging open in surprise in a few bits.

But there are a few bits that make you jump. You know the kind, where the music builds up and then hits a horrible note and something jumps out and goes boo!

I loved the movie, despite the horrible jumpy moments. It was all very "Oh my gosh, woah!! WHere did that come from??"

I recommend it :)

Well, I went to see Alien vs Predator with 3 friends the other day. One of them was a guy and he was very excited about seeing it whereas the girls weren't so much...

If you love gore and classic alien movies, this is for you. Otherwise, don't bother.

It was actually really funny when people weren't covered in goo (from the predators) because of some of what happened - like the predators bursting forth from chests. So cliche and funny. The acting was actually pretty good and the script was too, so no complaints there.

I was a little disappointed when one fo the characters died - it was one of the ones I thought would survive (one out of about 10 survived in the end).

There we go

:)

Potholer

I watched One Hour Photo last night on satellite telly.

Starring Robin Williams, in a rather different to his normal roles. He played a wierdo guy! It wasn't such a bad movie but certainly not the best.

The end was a bit disappointing though :td:

I really wanna go see Cellular, starring Chris Evans and Kim Basinger.....

A young man (Evans) receives a call on his cellular phone from a woman (Basinger) who says she's been kidnapped, and thinks she's going to be killed soon, along with her husband and son who the kidnappers have gone after next. The catch? She doesn't know where she is... and his cell phone battery might go dead soon. :eek:

Murder By Numbers

'Murder By Numbers' is a psychological suspense-thriller that tells the story of a tenacious homicide detective, Cassie Mayweather (Sandra Bullock) and her new partner Sam Kennedy (Ben Chaplin) who become pitted against two malevolently brilliant young men (Ryan Gosling and Michael Pitt) in an ingenious battle of wits as they try to solve a murder case.

I enjoyed this movie, even if it was quite long. It kept me guessing right up til the end and then had a wee twist!

thumbs up from Snowy :tu:

In My Father's Den
I saw this a couple of weeks ago, it's adapted from an NZ novel by Maurice Gee. A very good movie, it has the weirdest twist, and amazing acting by Matthew Macfayden (Tom in Spooks) as the main character. It also features Miranda Otto (Eowyn in LotR). The photography is also absolutely amazing, I don't want to give away too much of the plot, it's for me to know and you to find out...
But the main guy, Paul is a war journalist/photographer, he comes back to NZ for his father's funeral, there's a bit of mystery surrounding the fact that he does not seem very happy to be there.
It made me cry (mind you, I cry easily in movies), but it's just amazing, one of the best movies of this year.

"The Grudge"

OMG !!!!!! I nearly pee'd my pants at several points. But ..... bravely I sat through the whole film with only ONE cushion in front of my face....the dog on my knee and the cat by my side for protection.....every light in the house blazing.

It's GREAT !!!!!! makes "The Ring" look like a cartoon lol

:tu:

Let's see... I saw National Treasure a few days ago. It was interesting at least. I think it was a lil bit too much like an Indiana Jones flick though. It needed some Harrison Ford.

Originally posted by thistle@Nov 15 2004, 07:36 PM
"The Grudge"

OMG !!!!!! I nearly pee'd my pants at several points. But ..... bravely I sat through the whole film with only ONE cushion in front of my face....the dog on my knee and the cat by my side for protection.....every light in the house blazing.

It's GREAT !!!!!! makes "The Ring" look like a cartoon lol

:tu:
:lol: then I sure as heck am never seeing it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Let's see... I saw National Treasure a few days ago. It was interesting at least. I think it was a lil bit too much like an Indiana Jones flick though. It needed some Harrison Ford.[/b]
Yeah, I've seen the ads for that and everytime I do I think of Indiana.

I saw one of the most brilliant movies EVER about a week ago called Donnie Darko. It sort of sounds tacky if I try to explain the plot and to make it not sound tacky I'd have to tell you the whole story. But I'll try and wrap it all up. A tangent (or parallel) universe is created when Donnie isn't killed when he is meant to be. Donnie must then be guided by the manipulated living and the manipulated dead (those who live or die in the tangent universe but live/die in the normal universe) to be in the right place at the right time to prevent the tangent universe from collapsing on itself and therefore destroying the normal universe.

See? Sounds a bit tacky...but it's one of the most brilliant films I've ever seen. It screws with your head when you try to figure out how it works. It has brilliant cinematography (is that the work for "camera work"?) and the story line is mind boggling with so many little things in it that, when you think and talk about it you realise all link together in the most ingenious manner.

It was brilliant and everyone should see it. It is THAT good.

Ok, well the ads for the grudge, were enough for me....seriously seeing the little kid go "meow" made me cry....that i cannot say more honestly and more embarrassed but i did....
I also cannot watch the Ring without making my own little wet puddle on the floor so lets just say Im not good with films that include: drowned people, water marked skin, meowing children, jittery-walking people, people with black hollowed eyes and mouths and icky belching noise people...did i mention meowing children :cry: HOLD ME!

Ok, tonight we watched the Hulk!!

After a terrible accident of Bruce banner in the lab his extraordinary mind is now making him angry.He then figures out that David banner is his real father.Bruce has now turned into hulk and nothing can stop him for when he is angry.Betty is the only person that can stop him from being angry.Betty has now gone to the father to ask for help how to help him,but the father has now sent his super villian dogs like hulk to kill her,hulk is now the only person to stop the mutant dogs.David banner has now transformed himself into anything he touches and with evil power,hulk must now save the world and save the people.

It was good, but he didn't look like the hulk from the tv series :angry: Some of the graphics weren't as good as I thought they could be. Still good tho. Good action hero movie!!! My fiance pointed out that the scene changes were made to look like scene changes in a comic book.... set into little windows!

hahahhaa i saw SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS the movie yesterday ;) its was brill but not as good as the series... not many big laughs.. i think i would have rathered see lemony snicket if i had a choice.. lol bloody Mina and Moo :p

Werbung:
I saw the hulk a while ago. I thought it was alright but a bit slow going.

Spongebob! I actually hate him but the show still makes me laugh. It doesn't make sense. The movie looks like a crackup and in a weird way, I want to see it but don't, because I hate him. I love it how David Hasselhoff says "I'm David hassel-hoFF" and when Patrick says "Ooo I LOVE BEING PURPLE!"

I saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events! I quite liked it. Some great lines in there (like when the baby says "What a schmuck") and it was a really fun movie. I do recommend it, even for adults. :)

Back