• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I want to me more "feminine"... step one?

Lugia

What's the first step in changing to be more feminine and have more advantages than I would as a tomboy?

Werbung:
Start getting into beauty routines, pamper yourself. Have makeovers, get a new hair cut.
Religiously look at clothes, cute pictures etc.
It's hard to define girly really, I'm not really girly, and I certainly don't make an effort to be. But when I feel like I want to doll myself up, I do the above. Improves my mood tbh.
Let us know how you get on :D

I used to be a boyish girl before. But now I am changed. I just took fashion influences from my sisters, which really helped a lot in my makeover. They even let me borrow their dresses whenever I need to go somewhere.

Just be sure that you are comfortable in anything you choose to wear, and choose more girly colors as well.
Hope to hear what the improvements are. Keep in touch! ;)

Sounds a bit hard. :confused: Maybe I can try it. In the meantime should I cancel my subscriptions to Motor Trend and stuff? Autos are the one thing standing in my way here...

It doesn't necessarily mean you can change your interests. If you do little things that's girly you'll feel more feminine, but don't rule out your hobbies :D

I say that you should start off with growing out your hair if they are short or buying extensions. I think the most girly feature of girls are their hair. Once you accomplish that, slowly begin to transform your wardrobe by mixing and matching new and old pieces - girly tomboy?? Make-up should be last because you should let your natural beauty shine. Grab a lengthening mascara, a soft 'pink or peachy' blush and rosy or nude lip gloss and you're good to go.

If you are looking to change yourself to be accepted or liked more then I would say don't do it. Just be yourself. It is drain being somebody other than yourself and chances are you won't be very good at it. If you want to dress differently but just don't know how to go about it just look at some magazines to get some ideas. You can be "feminine" with almost any style. Right now tom-boy chic is in. I'm curious though, just what kind of 'advantages are you looking for.

I also believe that you should not be somebody else you are not. Feminine does not requires wearing a dress always or wearing make ups. It could also mean being simple and having your own style. Wearing a headband with a very neat comb hair could make a girl feminine enough. Even women who wear jeans could look very feminine and sexy (just make sure it was a fit jeans):D

I have to agree with the last two posters. Even though I suggested you some ways to change your style, but you have to decide if it's worth it. Tomboy-chic is definitely in these days. Check our Kristen Stewart. She's kind of a tomboy yet she looks effortlessly sexy and feminine. Also Ellen Page and Keira Knightley. These ladies may not be akin to a Victoria's Secret model, but they sure know how to look good without the girly-ness.

First of all, may I know how old are you? Because, there are teenagers who were acting boyish at their teens but suddenly change when they turned 18 and I guess nothing wrong with that. It is always good to be yourself. My younger sister is kind of boyish when she was in high school and we were thinking that she will end up as a tomboy but we were mistaken at the age of 19 she got married. :) You can still hold on with your car and motor passion. You don't need to throw them away to be feminine. You can still have them and be feminine at the same time in other occasions and events. Try to be close with your mom and talk to her heart to heart and I am sure she will give you some advice. I am not using any cosmetics or jewelries, don't have any shoulder bags or high heels like other women had, but it doesn't mean that I am less feminine. You can be feminine in your own way.

Keep your hobbies and don't change who you are on the inside.
Just doll up a bit on the outside :) Makeup, hair and clothes goes a long way.
Research celebrities or models who have the same face or body type as you for inspiration.
Guys find pretty girls with "guy" hobbies really attractive. A good example is the rise of the hot gamer girl.

I need to find fashions that would good on my body type. I'm kind of in the "well built" category...

Also, is it needed to spend money and buy lots of clothes? Because personally I don't really believe in spending so much money on outfits. (No offense to anyone) Because to be honest, my family isn't terribly rich...

Also, is it needed to spend money and buy lots of clothes? Because personally I don't really believe in spending so much money on outfits. (No offense to anyone) Because to be honest, my family isn't terribly rich...
Style doesn't necessarily need to cost a lot. Shop smart by picking up all the pieces you can from discount outlets and warehouses. Especially if it's something like a tank top or a plain tee. I buy leggings at the dollar store instead of say, H&M where it costs $10. Both are around the same quality but one's 10x cheaper. Use the money you saved from there to buy the must have pieces at the mall that you can't buy discounted.

Werbung:
Style doesn't necessarily need to cost a lot. Shop smart by picking up all the pieces you can from discount outlets and warehouses. Especially if it's something like a tank top or a plain tee. I buy leggings at the dollar store instead of say, H&M where it costs $10. Both are around the same quality but one's 10x cheaper. Use the money you saved from there to buy the must have pieces at the mall that you can't buy discounted.
Hmm... I suppose that could work. Thing is, sooner or later I'm going to have to start saving up for some big, important things...

Back