• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How did you meet your mate?

cindymae

Sorry if this has already been done but I could not find it if so.

How did you meet your significant other?

I will go first and tell you my story!

My husband and I met more than 11 years ago, online. We were both signed up at Yahoo personals, this is back when it was free. He emailed me first and asked if I wanted to just chat and be friends because we were from the same area. We started emailing back and forth and then talking on the phone.

We found out from our long phone conversations that we actually grew up in the same neighborhood and hung around some of the same people. He was two grades below me and somehow, our paths just never crossed, at least not that we remember.

We met in person at the local mall and have not spent much time apart since then.

Werbung:
I met my boyfriend Bryan on Plentyoffish.com. We started talking and got to know each other pretty well and went out and we've been together ever since. :) We have been together about 2 and half years now and I moved in with him about 6 months ago. :)

Wow, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who met mine online!

Well, I met mine on Starmen.net and we started chatting through PMs about the comic that he was making... and then I joined his chatroom that he made and met his friends, and then we became friends and now... here we are, heehee :D

Wow, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who met mine online!

Well, I met mine on Starmen.net and we started chatting through PMs about the comic that he was making... and then I joined his chatroom that he made and met his friends, and then we became friends and now... here we are, heehee :D

That's awesome! :) What kind of comic was he making? I have an idea for a comic that I have been toying around with in my head lol...it would be a comedy about a female that is the only girl EMT at an ambulance company... (loosely based on my own experiences when I was an EMT lol) but I doubt I'll get the time to write and draw it.

That's awesome! :) What kind of comic was he making? I have an idea for a comic that I have been toying around with in my head lol...it would be a comedy about a female that is the only girl EMT at an ambulance company... (loosely based on my own experiences when I was an EMT lol) but I doubt I'll get the time to write and draw it.
He was making a comic strip about him going on an adventure with a character, with Batman and Robin as the antagonist. It was pretty random but it was still pretty good, much better than any comic I could come up with.

And that's pretty neat! For one of my career choices I was actually considering becoming an EMT or something of the sort.

He was making a comic strip about him going on an adventure with a character, with Batman and Robin as the antagonist. It was pretty random but it was still pretty good, much better than any comic I could come up with.

And that's pretty neat! For one of my career choices I was actually considering becoming an EMT or something of the sort.

I did it for about 5 years and loved it, but eventually the constant lack of sleep really got to me...we would work 72 hours straight and only get about 2 or 3 hours of sleep each of those nights...and of course, I was constantly eating fast food which isn't good and on my days off I was so tired I basically just slept all the time...so as much as I loved it I realized it was killing me. So right now I'm working as a caregiver for elderly people (doing housework, running errands, etc.) and I'm going back to college to study radiology. :)

But if you're interested in being an EMT it isn't hard to get into. I think it's about 120 hours of training which is about as long as a semester. But to be a paramedic you have to have about a year of training...but a lot of ambulance companies will actually pay for you to do the training so that's pretty cool.
Your boyfriend's comic sounds pretty cool. :)

I did it for about 5 years and loved it, but eventually the constant lack of sleep really got to me...we would work 72 hours straight and only get about 2 or 3 hours of sleep each of those nights...and of course, I was constantly eating fast food which isn't good and on my days off I was so tired I basically just slept all the time...so as much as I loved it I realized it was killing me. So right now I'm working as a caregiver for elderly people (doing housework, running errands, etc.) and I'm going back to college to study radiology. :)

But if you're interested in being an EMT it isn't hard to get into. I think it's about 120 hours of training which is about as long as a semester. But to be a paramedic you have to have about a year of training...but a lot of ambulance companies will actually pay for you to do the training so that's pretty cool.
Your boyfriend's comic sounds pretty cool. :)
I see... usually I can operate fairly well on low sleep as long as I have a quick boost, like some chocolate or something. Being a paramedic was also something I was interested in so I will look into both. :D

I don't have a boyfriend atm.. :3 If I do find someone new, I'll update my post here.. :3 I've come from a breakup so, I'm laying off from love at the meantime.

I met my boyfriend through one of my friends. At first I didn't like him, but now I love him. I am really glad he is apart of my life.

I met my husband my freshman year of college. He was a junior and starting his minor, which happened to be my major. We met in a class which required a lot of group time out of class and got together about 2 months after school had started.

I met my husband on a friend son's baptism. He smiled at me and I smiled back on him. There was no exchange of words and I was really surprised to receive a message on him the next day. He was asking for a dinner date. Exactly a year that we met, we got married.

When I first met my husband, he was my land lord for 6 months, then he was married and it never occurred in my mind that one day I will be his wife. I moved out and met a guy whom we stayed together for 3 years then we broke up. During this period, we did not keep touch and the next time I saw him, he was divorced and living alone. I was also separated and single, we started going out just as friend to console each other but after a few months we started dating. 12 years down the lane, we are still together and happy, we have had our share of downs but we over come them with love.

I broke up with my boyfriend that I was talking about in the first post in this thread and met my new one when he was helping me cope and helped me with all of the people who were attacking me. Now things are very peaceful between everyone, even with me and my ex, and we're actually really close friends, and now I have a new boyfriend (the one who helped me :D his name is Nick) We've been together since the 28th of October 2011.

Werbung:
I met my boyfriend in an online game. I know, it was dangerous and all those sorts, but everything went well. We met, we went on dates, I met his brother etc.. We have a healthy relationship.

Back