• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Going to sleep

Caitlyn

Ever have that problem wehn you just couldn't get to sleep? This works better for me than anything:
Stretch as far as you can for as long as you can, then, when you curl up to go to sleep, you're dead tired.

Some other tips:

Take a Warm Bath
Get a Massage
Listen To Music
Drink Warm Milk
Drink Herb Tea
Eat a bedtime Snack
Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol and Tobacco
Sleep on a Firm Bed
Get Your Daily Exercise
Keep Regular Bedtime Hours
Get up for a while, if you can't sleep.
Get Up Earlier in the morning
Avoid Naps
Avoid Illuminated Bedroom Clocks
Smell an onion ten minutes before you go to bed.
Count Sheep
Imagine it is Time to Get UP
Deep Breathing
Leave the TV, radio or fan on
Visualize something boring
Visualize something peaceful
Count Sheep
Stretching like a cat. Just stretch your legs and arms as far as possible and within 15 minutes it seems to work most times.
Massage as well as aromatherapy using lavender oil
Pretend you're taking a nap and fall asleep on the couch.
Read an agonizing, boring psychological journal article (I recommend E. Tory Higgins)
Try to clear your mind as much as possible . Try to work out problems that you have been putting off because you will think about them at night whether it be consciously or subconsciously.

Werbung:
I can't settle down too much if i do guarentee one of the kids would wake up and i wouldn't
<

It always happens to me the nite i start to have a good sleep or early nite one of them gets ill lol
The thing that helps me sleep best is when i have made love. So relaxed afterwards better then any sleeping pill

Charlotte
<

I find what works for me the best, is getting ready for the next day. Like picking out my clothes early, making a lunch for work, stuff like that. By the time I'm done I'm just dying to go to sleep.

Having all that organised the night before of course, means you can grab those few vital extra Z's the next morning
<

They say a nice relaxing bath is good before bed, but I find it always makes me too hot to be able to sleep after
<

What I love the best, is clean sheets and clean jammies (pyjamas for those who aren't common as muck lol), then hop into bed, have music on really quiet and read for half an hour....

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
<

What I love the best, is clean sheets and clean jammies (pyjamas for those who aren't common as muck lol), then hop into bed, have music on really quiet and read for half an hour....

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
<
i do that every night sometimes ill make my mother put new sheets on the bed in the middle of the night if i cant sleep

If I cant' sleep, it's usually cause I'm nervouse, 'cause there's something bugging me. Then I can't sleep no matter what, nothing helps...except if i manage to clear my mind.
Luckily, not being able to sleep doesn't happen that often(as you can see from my avatar), so..
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Imagine it is Time to Get UP[/b]

Haha that should work for me XD

I like to imagine stuff ^-^ but sometimes i get carried away and can't sleep haha.

Lately I find the hot bath helps a lot. If I can't sleep I'll fill up the tub with water as hot as I can stand it, and wait until I feel all weird and then go to bed. Works most of the time.
<

Before going to sleep you take a bath,massage your body,or going to walk,listen music,and watching your favourite program,and take a dinner properly then go to sleep,I think it help you.

Great tips, Caitlyn... I usually don't have a problem falling asleep. My trouble comes with waking much too early and how I hate that! I count sometimes but that gets annoying real fast. :)

I've done the stretching thing... it feels great when those muscles are released again.

What I *can't* do is get up or turn a light on. If either of those things happen, I might as well forget about going back to sleep. :-(

Werbung:
I try not to allow myself to get too physically or mentally stimulated before I go to bed. If I do, I'll toss and turn for HOURS before going to sleep!

Back