• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Gays

samwella

Ok. I was just listening to the radio and they started talking about the gay crap again and its really getting on my nerves. So I wanted to hear everyone elses opinion. As to weather or not Gays and Lesbians should be allowed.

My personal opinion :: I dont mind Lesbians. Because they dont look seriously sick. But I hate it when guys go on guys. Thats not any more or any less wrong then lesbians but it looks worse. Im Straight. But I wouldnt mind being lesbian. Were as if I was a guy. I would in no way, shape, or form, be gay.

What do you think?

Werbung:
I have no objection to it either way, I know people with both sexual preferences, and they are just like us, they have feelings and everything the same, they just choose to love who they want.
Just let them love who they want to love...its a free world.

This is and will probably always be, a really contraversial issue. I'd have to agree with Jen, whether a person is gay or straight, they are still a person like us. Still have feelings, emotions, still need to feel loved and to feel a sense of belonging, still need a hug when they feel ill, or upset, they still eat bananas....just like the rest of the population! Everyone should be treated equally. Nobody chooses whether to be gay or straight, it's in us from birth.

We are all guilty of this scenario.......

U might be walking in the street, or in a pub, or on holiday soeplace, and u see two people of the same sex, very much in love, kissing, etc. At first u cant stop looking, but after a while, u become used to it and the scene becomes like any other couple in love.

Society today can be very prejudiced. But I think we are coming to be accepting of a lot more things nowadays. Fear of the unkown huh?

If ur sister/brother was gay, would u love them any less?

Originally posted by samwella@Dec 14 2004, 01:09 AM
weather or not Gays and Lesbians should be allowed.
whether or not they should be ALLOWED????????

Are you serious? should we "Allow" people to fall in love with someone else? What exactly is the alternative here? ............ turn them all into criminals because their genetics dictate that they are attracted to someone of the same sex? or perhaps we should just remove them from society?........how civilised that would be :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I dont mind Lesbians. Because they dont look seriously sick[/b]
I beg your pardon? they don't look "sick"? How tolerant you must be Samwella

But I hate it when guys go on guys. Thats not any more or any less wrong then lesbians but it looks worse[/b]

Personally I don't make a habit of watching ANYONE getting it on, straight or gay.....perhaps you should try that too if it offends you so much

I wouldnt mind being lesbian[/b]
Of course you wouldn't........they're not "sick" are they?

if I was a guy. I would in no way, shape, or form, be gay[/b]

I hate to break it to you sweetheart......it's not something you get a choice in you know.

Now.........if you wish to have a serious discussion on sensitive issues like this I suggest you think VERY carefully how you word your posts in future. Quite frankly you have come across as nothing more than a mindless Bigot who knows nothing about the topic in hand.

:angry:

Right on T!

I thought NZ was slow in debating whether gays/lesbians should be allowed to marry but looks like we're not that slow - there are people out there still debating whether their existence should be allowed...

They are just like everyone else, for goodness sake.

sorry. I worded that wrongly.

Not weather or not they should be allowed but Ive been hearing alot about how bisexual mariges are being banned in certain states. And its not that I think that being bi is sick or anything I just dont have the tollerance to watch or even look at two guys making out.

I dont care if anyone is bisexual because, like you all said, their humans and the same as us. But I disagree when you say we dont have a choice and we are born that way. We do have a choice as to weather or not we are gay. Because if we didnt have that choice then how many other things in our lives would we not have coices on? If for some reason you go blind one day does that mean that it was ment to happen since you were young and theres no way to reverse it? Or can you get surgery and fix that error?

We all have choices and the way I ment to word this topic is something along the lines of "What is your opinion on gays and lesbians."

Sorry for the mess up there. :\

We do have a choice as to weather or not we are gay

Ok, so u have made a choice to be straight?? And u could... if u wanted... choose to be gay?? And, how on earth can u like being gay to being blind? Both have the same response.... it's not a choice.[/b]

Originally posted by samwella@Dec 15 2004, 09:22 PM
I just dont have the tollerance to watch or even look at two guys making out.
Well that's easily solved........DON'T look !

We do have a choice as to weather or not we are gay[/b]

OK lets put it this way......you say you are straight.....when did you "decide" that?, did you make a concious decision to be straight? or are you just naturally attracted to men/boys? I'm gonna hazard a guess that you chose the second option...see my point? Gay people are naturally attracted to people of the same sex. YES they can choose to pretend they are straight but it's not the same thing at all

As for my opinion, I think you may have guessed that by now

Samwella, you are entitled to your own opinion but it seems that that opinion is based on misinformation.

There are some people who "choose" to be gay. I didn't think so but according to a friend of mine who has a few lesbian friends, some people do choose. They decide that men just don't understand them and go for the same sex.

But still, many people don't choose. They haven't a choice in which they want to be.

If you become blind and it's meant to be since you were young then you can't change that. Genes cannot be changed by will alone. Do you think blind people would be blind if they could will themselves to see? I don't think so.

T and Snowy, you make brill points.

EDIT: Gah, you posted, Sam, as I posted. I didn't realise you'd said that. Oh well.

lol.

that thing about being blind. I meant if someone becomes blind through some disease. not if they were born blind. did I say born blind?

**checks**

nope. so if you get a disease and become blind or nearly blind then you still have the choice to get that fixed.

Samwella, we don't mean to jump at u, it just so happens u posted about a topic that has very varied opinions.

:angel3:

Originally posted by samwella@Dec 15 2004, 09:53 PM
lol.

that thing about being blind. I meant if someone becomes blind through some disease. not if they were born blind. did I say born blind?

**checks**

nope. so if you get a disease and become blind or nearly blind then you still have the choice to get that fixed.
Oh, I get where you are coming from. I was under the impression that most eye diseases are incurable...that's an expensive choice though. And sexual orientation can't be "fixed"

Just as an interesting tidbit of information - just about every english king preferred boys over girls ;). this sort of thing is nothing new, just society is acknowledging it...in a negative way...

Samwella, we don't mean to jump at u, it just so happens u posted about a topic that has very varied opinions.[/b]
Indeed.

*coughs* and waves....hello potty....*waves frantically* i made points tooo!
;)

Yeah, dont feel "jumped" on Sammie, everyone has their opinion on things like this, you just have to voice it taking into account how other people might react to it and feel about it themselves...thats all

Werbung:
:eek: Sorry hun. T and Snowy's replies were fresh in my mind because that's what I'd just read.

they are just like us, they have feelings and everything the same, they just choose to love who they want.
Just let them love who they want to love...its a free world.[/b]
Damn. Straight. Exactly what I think *high five*

:)

Back