• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

First Dates!

Chantilly

This came up on another forum I frequent, and I was interested to see what you guys thought of this one.

When two people go out for dinner as a date, who should pay the bill and why?

Werbung:
Depends on who asked who out. If the girl asked the guy out, she should offer to pay for both of them (most of the time the guy won't let her do that, but it still shows some class on her part) and vice versa.

Now, if you don't really like this guy you are on a date with, you need to pay for your own meal. Most of the time this will tell the guy that you aren't interested without having to say anything.

But it also kind of depends on the couple as well, like where they are financially, say if you date a guy who is flat broke, don't expect him to pay type of deal........(oh and watch out for those guys some of them can be sneaky)

I agree.... to a point. If your "taking" someone out, you should pay for it.... If its not so much of a date... then it should be pay for what you can I suppose.

Thistle paid for food on our first date, she went all out lol

I agree. Whoever done the asking should pay. Although with me and my boyfriend it usually ends up like this:

Josh: Who's going to pay?
Me: I'll pay.
Josh: No, no, no. I'll pay.
Me:.....
<

Josh: What? I want to pay.
Me: What was the point of asking who's going to pay if you're not going to let me pay?
Josh:..... Erm.... I dunno, but I'm paying.

<
Gawd I love him
<

That's what I think too, whoever did the asking should pay. Though I think a lot of people, by tradition, think that the man should pay.

Me though, I like just paying for what I have. That way you don't feel like you owe anyone anything, especially if it doesn't go well.

Whoever is doing the asking out should offer to pay, or if you're cheap at least your half
<

It's kind of common courtesy in my opinion.

I guess it's just me, I've been taken advantage of too many times when it came to my money. I just like to pay for what I have and get out of there, and if it gets more serious then it can turn into a "you-pay-this-time-and-I'll-pay-next-time" kind of thing.

But then again, I haven't had a date in ages so....
<

Hmm..I think I'm with you Tilly. I want to be taken on a real date where my date pays, not because I can't but because he wants to.

Werbung:
Back