• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Movie reviews

hahaha.. I don't only watch chick flicks.
<

I actually went out the other night and rented Flightplan and The English Patient.

Flightplan is pretty good, had some good twists and good suspense. Haven't watch English Patient yet though. I'm a little behind in my movie watching.
<

Werbung:
Since we have a mini movie theatre at the hall, everyone has been going movie mad but on the first day here I watched phantom of the opera - the new one. At first I didn't *reall8 like it because it was really melo-dramatic and I thought "this is stupid!" but then I really started getting into it and now I think it's awesome. Pretty chick-flicky though, heh.

Ooo I'm off to my statistics lecture. I'm a university student OMG.

Watched two movies today:

First was Requiem for a Dream, which I'd seen a couple times before. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's very tragic and powerful. It's about drugs and addictions, and how they can take over your life. It makes me teary-eyed everytime I watch it, the ending is absolutely devestating.

Second we watched was Jarhead, which was alright (but not great) considering it had absolutely NO plot. It's about the Marine Corps training for the Gulf War, then they have a 4 day battle and that's pretty much it. Though the high jinx between the army boys was great. And not to mention the gratuitous bum shots from Jake Gyllenhaal.
<
(Not that I'm complaining).

Oh my goodness, Requiem for a Dream is such a shocking movie. Absolutely brilliant but very shocking. Catrat showed it to me and at the end I burst into tears and my hands started shaking from the shock of it...

Highly recommended though if you can take it.
<

Slowly but surely I'm turning into a movie junkie.... Watched 3 over the weekend. I'm sure they aren't new to most of you, but they were new to me, kay?
<

First was Scent of a Woman which I loved, I thought Al Pacino was absolutely fabulous in his role as an aggravating blind man.
<
It was worth watching just for him. For those who haven't seen it, it's about a high school boy who takes a weekend job looking after a blind war veteran who takes him on a very interesting weekend trip to New York. It's an awesome movie.

Next was Traffic which was alright considering I'm not that much into the drug movies. It was one of those films where they go through the lives of several different people and you see how they all interconnect at the end. I loved the way it was filmed, I found it obscure.

Last was Dog Day Afternoon which I just finished. Looooved it. Stars Al Pacino (celebrity crush of the moment, if you can't tell) in a great movie on a true story of a bank robbery in New York. The robbery was supposed to be 10 minutes but turns into a 12 hour ordeal, including a media circus. It was fabulous, it was funny (until close to the end) and the acting of the robbers was great. Loved it, 10 / 10. Highly recommended.

<

Apparently I'm the only one on GP who watches movies?
<

This weekend I saw Poseidon, which was a very fun movie but very short (about an hour and twenty minutes). It was really entertaining, didn't drag on for too long and of course, the actors were hot and mostly looked good wet.

7.5/10

I have seen the Da Vinci Code and X-Men 3 recently.

The Da Vinci Code is pretty much what I expected, gripping but not phenomenal. I enjoyed the book a bit I guess, I mean it kept me reading but I'm really not that interested in spirituality. The acting was believable but I have to say that Tom Hanks has a really big forehead, I do love Audrey Tautou as Sophie though (she also starred in Amelie), she is beautiful and a brilliant actress. Her and Teabing were probably the most like I imagined them from the book but Sir Ian McKellen's acting talents never cease to amaze me. A good watch, the ending is a bit too long and drawn out
2.5/5

X-Men 3. All the people who I've talked to who are big X Men fans (like read the comics, followed the movies) have not liked this movie but I actually really enjoyed it, not being a big fan myself. The acting was pretty good, plus it had Anna Paquin in it. She is a New Zealander who won an Oscar when she was 12 or 13 for The Piano quite a few years ago and she couldn't speak because of being so overwhelmed? Some of you may remember that but anyway nice to see a New Zealander in such a well-known moivie anyway. I saw X-2 a few years back and I've always liked the idea of the two separate identities to the person (i.e Marie and Rogue) and of special interest in thsi movie was Jean/Phoenix, where Phoenix (the mutant side) was too powerful for Jean to control (I am having an MSN convo about something really similar to this right now so it's so weird). I really liked what happened to Rogue 9Anna Paquin's character) in this movie although I won't elaborate and I know the die-hard fans hated it hehe
4/5

*stands up* Hi my name is Aims and I am a Movie-holic.

Last movie I saw at the cinema was Superman, which would have been a lot better if they chose someone different for Lois, just didn't believe Kate Bosworth as Lois. As for Brandon Routh, well a girl isn't going to complain about a bit of pervworthy eye candy is she now?

(As you get to know me, you'll find that my movie choices are pretty shallow and usually have something to do with some guy looking pretty!)

Loved Pirates Of The Caribbean:Dead Mans Chest! Not quite as much as I liked the first POTC, but then I think it was because my expectations were pretty high and I don't think anything would have been able to hold up to the first movie. I adore Captain Jack Sparrow, partially because it's Johnny Depp, but mostly because he is such a fantastic character.

Aimsxxx

Crikey I have watched loads of Movies recently! Here goes:

The Chronicles of Narnia Beautiful, breathtaking, movie. Really well scripted and acted. Gripping from the first scene. An absoloute must see! 10/10

King Kong. The beginning is a little slow, I thought. It gets more adventurous towards the middle. I was shocked that it was a 12 rated as some scenes are particularly scary and Gory. Visual effects are brilliant. Dragged just a little. Very, very sad at the end, I was blubbing for a good 30 mins! LOL! 8/10

Starsky and Hutch. I love this film. Very funny, light easy going slapstick. 9/10

Batman Begins. Now I thought this movie for me personally would be boring as I am not into the whole superheo thing.... However I thought it was Brilliant and the actor scrummy! 10/10

FlightPlan Good , psychological, nail biting film. Jodie Foster has you convinced. Ending I thought was a little lame for a film that was full of tension right the way through. 7.5/10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ Oct 3 2004, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I really wanna go see Cellular, starring Chris Evans and Kim Basinger.....

A young man (Evans) receives a call on his cellular phone from a woman (Basinger) who says she's been kidnapped, and thinks she's going to be killed soon, along with her husband and son who the kidnappers have gone after next. The catch? She doesn't know where she is... and his cell phone battery might go dead soon.
<

[/b]

I saw that film ages ago and thought it was utter rubbish.The acting was particulalrly bad. Not a film that I would personally reccommend unless you have really nothing better to watch.... 1/10

Oooh I am bad!
<

Just watched :

Usual Suspects .. Which I love and would give aa 9/10

And The Exorcist... which i had never seen before.... While im not really into the whole supernatural thing, I actually liked the film making style.. which was ever so present in the 70's and early 80's. Still... I have trouble with scoring it lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Potholer @ Mar 22 2006, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh my goodness, Requiem for a Dream is such a shocking movie. Absolutely brilliant but very shocking. Catrat showed it to me and at the end I burst into tears and my hands started shaking from the shock of it...

Highly recommended though if you can take it.
<
[/b]

You're right..I wasn't able to take it, so I didn't watch it till the end. Better luck next time, for me
<

I watched Sisters of Mary Magdalene last. That was very shocking too...I went to a film-library to watch it. It depressed me, particulary because it was based upon true stories. But it's an excellent movie, none the less. I decided to lighten things up with Eragon...but I didn't like it much.

Then I watched The devil wears Prada (no, not everything in one day
<
, although I could, I adore watching movies
<
), and that was really fun - and I adore Meryll Streep, she totally carried the entire movie. And for those of you who like pretty clothes and nice shoes..and who doesn't
<
..it's really fun.

I think the last movie I watched was Carrie... the original 70's version with Sissy Spacek. It was really good, but depressing.

The weekend before I watched "Das Experiment" because my friend wanted to watch it. Because of this I don't think I will ever trust her choices in movies again. It was a German movie (subtitled) about a research experiment where they took average guys and assigned them to be either a prisoner or a guard for 2 weeks. They live under the exact condition people do when incarcerated and this was to determine how people respond to prison environments, etc. It's (loosely) based on a true story. Though this movie, I swear, is the only one that has ever had my heart racing for a good 30 minutes toward the end. It was quite upsetting, I found.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chantilly @ Jan 16 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the last movie I watched was Carrie... the original 70's version with Sissy Spacek. It was really good, but depressing.[/b]

I love that movie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The weekend before I watched "Das Experiment" because my friend wanted to watch it. Because of this I don't think I will ever trust her choices in movies again. It was a German movie (subtitled) about a research experiment where they took average guys and assigned them to be either a prisoner or a guard for 2 weeks. They live under the exact condition people do when incarcerated and this was to determine how people respond to prison environments, etc. It's (loosely) based on a true story. Though this movie, I swear, is the only one that has ever had my heart racing for a good 30 minutes toward the end. It was quite upsetting, I found.[/b]

I heard of that one, but haven't seen it yet. It sounds interesting, I'll be watching it soon
<

Have you seen The Perfume? That movie is so spooky, creepy and upsetting in so many levels, and yet it's beautiful, romantic and dreamy at the same time. Quite morbid, but I loved it..I think it's really a good movie.

Werbung:
Back