• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Movie reviews

yeah I like psychological thrillers too, Mum made me watch Cape Fear the other night,
<
its so0o bad! I tried to look away and Mum said 'no, Jen, watch it because it will show you why you should never get drunk!' gaawd it was awful!

Werbung:
Originally posted by Snowbaby@Apr 3 2005, 11:16 AM
We went to see The Ring Two tonight and oh my god.... don't watse ur money going to see it - it's utter rubbish!!!!

The storyline did not continue from the first film, and was so outrageous and daft!!!!!!!

Anyone else seen it yet?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
any1 seen the ring 2 i want 2 c it[/b]

Yup, Snowy has, as you see
<

I saw Requiem for a Dream on...friday I think. Catrat kept telling me how brillaint it is. And depressing. Very depressing. And very brilliant.

It's basically about a number of people who have messed up their lives with drugs. As in, the guy who is a heroine addict and injects himself event hough his arm is fully infected (with a camera shot of it too *shudder*) and the old mother who gets addicted to diet pills and has to be force fed. It's quite disturbing (hence the R18 rating) but the acting and cinematography is incredible.

Catrat says she now finds it interesting to see people's reactions to it. Her sister couldn't form a sentence without crying at the end of it, her mum was pretty quiet. I was fine for about 10seconds at the end, managed to get out "We should watch moulin rouge before going to bed. I don't want this on my mind" before crying and then laughing at the same time because I couldn't understand where the tears came from. Hit my like BAM.

A very powerful movie. I'd recommend it if you can deal with that kind of content. Otherwise, really really don't see it. Really.

Grudge JEN YES I DID IT TOO I WAS SO FREAKIN scrared movie is scarrryyyy but one thing u have to remember u can jus hit the mother and the kid fight them LOL THERE IS GONNA B GRUDGE 2
Whats gonna happen next

I saw War of the Worlds on wednesday!

I've read a few reviews of it and they put it down adn siad it was crummy in the extreme because it's an alien movie and, even though it is based on a classic novel (War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells) aliens have been done and you just can't do a plotless alien movie built around a cliche broken family.

Even so, I think it was done brilliantly. The orinigal novel was based in 19th century Britain that was written in first person from the point of view of a man who sent his wife onto boston ahead of him so that she would be safe and then followed, the aim being to reach his wife.

At first I was annoyed when it was based in modern-day United States and followed a man looking after his two kids who he has custody over for the weekend or whatever while his ex-wife and ex-wife's fiance are in Boston visiting the children's grandparents.

But I guess part of the impact of War of the Worlds is to give it a certain amount of realism and setting it in 19th century Britain just doesn't have the same effect. When WotW was first aired on the radio, the station received panicked phone calls asking whether it was true.

I found the movie genuinely frightning. usually, aliens don't scare me in the least and it wasn't relaly that aprt that scared me. What was frightening was the people and how they reacted. There were some really shocking scenes in the movie that made you sit there going "....
<
<
<
!"

Really, I lvoed it. A lot.

Great movie, my friend went home checking out places to hide incase such a thing did happen.
<
She's 36.
<

Thought this would be the best place to put a review of "Pride and Prejudice"

2005 remake of the old Jane Austin classic.

Starring
<
Keira Knightly
<
, and some other people.

From the "Endangered Species" perspective this wasn't my first choice of film, but I have to say I was pleasently surprised. Although many women may be put off by the lack of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy I'm told the replacement Matthew MacFadyen is equally as dishey.

The beginning of the film did seem a little rushed, however this can be understood as the whole story has to fit into a couple of hours. It seems like Darcy and Liz have only met twice before he proposes!

Solid performances come from Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Bennet, Judi Dench as the evil Lady Catherine de Bourg and my absolute favourite Donald Sutherland as the fantastically funny Mr. Bennet.

Although fast moving it still has all the tension and emotion of the series, if you liked that then this is worth a look and the more emotional among you will be crying by the end - even I had a lump in my throat
<

I saw the grudge about a week ago, with Thistle....

I didnt jump at all.... In fact i faked jumping (badly) to try and make ehr feel better.....

But twas entertaining....

I saw Brokeback Mountain the other day.
Firstly I have to say that the acting was absolutely brilliant, especially (in my opinion) Michelle Williams did a very good job. And so did the main actors (although even if they hadn't they're both extremely good looking so it's okay).
The storyline of this though was a disappointment, all they seemed to do was drink too much whisky, smoke too many cigarettes and have a lot of gay and heterosexual sex. The end was fairly predictable but a long long long time coming, I was sitting there willing it to end.
I think it's good that homosexual relationships have been promoted in this way though, because there are still people in the world who are far too against such things.

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Wererabbit.

OMG ! it is sooooo unbelievably funny EVERYONE needs to go see this film....I giggled all the way thru it. AND it has the cutest wee bunny rabbits in it
<

We also watched "Urban Legend: Bloody Mary"...JenJen? if Subby tells you to watch this one ignore him.......there's a REALLY REALLY yukky bit in it that I couldn't watch and he thinks it's funny
<
. You no likey this one at all (that goes for anyone who no likey spiders btw)

Werbung:
I no like Wallace and Gromit, I didnt find it that funny to be honest, I think it had something to do with the fact that I was with David, and we had the kids with us (it was also the night I got my laptop).. And im pretty sure David slept over so i was pretty pre-occupied looking at him going
<
oh he's so cute when he smiles,
<
oh look he's so cute when he squishes his nose like that
<
damn i love him,
<
ohh look he laughed, so hot, damn,....why is there people in this theatre!?!?!?!?!
<

Back