• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

MEAN Parents!

How MEAN Are Your Parents?

• Total voters
Mindy, until you are a parent it is impossible to understand how much parents worry about their kids. It is really hard to get the balance right and parents are only human, sometimes they are too strict, but better that way than not caring and having something terrible happen.

Werbung:
I am not a parent but I know how it is to worry about them. I have nieces and nephews and I worry about them a lot.

Thinking back I don't think I was really aware of many of the potential dangers when I was in my teens, as a parent I can see those dangers all to clearly.

Ugh! Seroiously my parents suck! They never let me go anywhere but school:mad:! To Top That Off They Don't Understand Individuality Or Being Different!They Don't Understand Crap About Me! Seriously, They Need To Take A Lesson On Raising A Tween!:mad:!

I know that this probably doesn't help much, but your complaints are not that different from millions (possibly billions) of tweens from the beginning of time. I think that your parents think that beig strict is how to keep their child safe and be good parents. You could try sitting down with them for a long talk about your feelings. They probably don't know how horrible you feel!

My dad's alright but my mom.... ugh. She controls my life, tells me what classes I should take, what I should do with my life... she doesn't want to let me be myself for once...

She wants me to have some girly job when all I want to do is drive rally cars when I grow up... but apparently that's not "ladylike"... ugh.

Werbung:
Maybe your parents are just strict and they want to see all the things you do every single time.
But I agree that you must go out, even if just for a while.
Try telling them your point. Who knows, they might let you out sometimes.

Back