• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Bags under your eyes?

Well, what if it is genetic? My grandma had really bad dark circles under her eyes and I do also. I use make-up to cover them up and so far it has been the only solution.

Sadly, I think I have tried everything (cold objects under the eyes, cucumbers, tea bags, expensive eye creams) and still no luck.
Guess it's a matter of poor genetics for me :(

Mine is genetic and mine has really improved by following what I put earlier. I use makeup when I don't follow the routine, but I'd rather get rid of them for good rather than wearing makeup daily. If it's the colour you're worried about Tumeric powder works, as it combined with lemon and tomato juice is a natural lightener, as is pineapple juice. There's loads of options ladies :) So don't give up! :D

Werbung:
I have eye bags since I lack sleep. I guess If I get enough sleep for a month they'll go away. :( ButI'm not sure of that... they may become permanent once they've been there for a long time. :( Only surgery can take them off

I have eye bags since I lack sleep. I guess If I get enough sleep for a month they'll go away. :( ButI'm not sure of that... they may become permanent once they've been there for a long time. :( Only surgery can take them off
Keep trying, I don't have bags but I have really dark circles, trying everything, don't give up :D

Keep trying, I don't have bags but I have really dark circles, trying everything, don't give up :D
I hope so. :( I'm actually starting to look like a panda, bags and dark circles.. o.o WAAAA!!! I'm going to look old early if this continues.. I'm just thinking of buying a good liquid foundation and concealer to hide the ugly truth. lols. :))

I hope so. :( I'm actually starting to look like a panda, bags and dark circles.. o.o WAAAA!!! I'm going to look old early if this continues.. I'm just thinking of buying a good liquid foundation and concealer to hide the ugly truth. lols. :))
Haha, that's what I depend on when I can't be bothered using other methods or that one day it looks really bad. I get really self conscious because I feel everyone just looks at them and I feel really vile.

Haha, that's what I depend on when I can't be bothered using other methods or that one day it looks really bad. I get really self conscious because I feel everyone just looks at them and I feel really vile.
What do you suggest should I buy that'll be able to hide my circles, but look natural? :D

What do you suggest should I buy that'll be able to hide my circles, but look natural? :D

When it needs to happen quickly, cheap concealer, I get all mine from really cheap shops and it works brilliant.
But try putting cold potato slices on your eyes, and cucumber. Or as I said before make a paste with tumeric powder, tomato juice and lemon juice.
For make up there's some really good youtube videos that help :)x

Depends on what caused the bags. Sometimes the bags are caused by an allergic reaction or allergy such as dust mites living in the pillow. Other times, they are caused by fluid build up in the sinuses. Other times, there is a fleshy build up under the eyes. That happens sometimes as a woman gets older, but not always. It's usually an inherited condition.

Green tea bags have always worked wonders for me. I prefer green tea over regular tea simply because green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which help aid in refreshing tired skin.

Mine is genetic and mine has really improved by following what I put earlier. I use makeup when I don't follow the routine, but I'd rather get rid of them for good rather than wearing makeup daily. If it's the colour you're worried about Tumeric powder works, as it combined with lemon and tomato juice is a natural lightener, as is pineapple juice. There's loads of options ladies :) So don't give up! :D
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a go. :)
My dark circles are so bad that concealer doesn't help because it also bulges out and casts a shadow. :(
Depends on what caused the bags. Sometimes the bags are caused by an allergic reaction or allergy such as dust mites living in the pillow. Other times, they are caused by fluid build up in the sinuses. Other times, there is a fleshy build up under the eyes. That happens sometimes as a woman gets older, but not always. It's usually an inherited condition.
Environmental factors are definitely worth investigating especially after all the money people are willing to spend on creams and fad treatments. :D

I've had dark circles around my eyes for a very long time and I'm young. Tea bags, frozen spoons, and cucumbers will help moisturize the skin a bit and make your eyes look less tired, but the circles and bags will still be there. The only way to get rid of them permanently is to make lifestyle changes such as limiting your time staring at the computer, taking allergy medications, eating a good diet or having a stable sleep pattern. Surgery is always a choice, but it's safer and easier to just wear makeup and try to take care of your skin as much as possible.

I've had dark circles around my eyes for a very long time and I'm young. Tea bags, frozen spoons, and cucumbers will help moisturize the skin a bit and make your eyes look less tired, but the circles and bags will still be there. The only way to get rid of them permanently is to make lifestyle changes such as limiting your time staring at the computer, taking allergy medications, eating a good diet or having a stable sleep pattern. Surgery is always a choice, but it's safer and easier to just wear makeup and try to take care of your skin as much as possible.
What surgery is it that would get rid of it? And would it get rid of the dark colouration?

What surgery is it that would get rid of it? And would it get rid of the dark colouration?

I'm pretty sure it's called laser eyelid surgery. I've never looked into it because I wouldn't go that far, but yes, it would remove any baggage or darkness under or around the eyes.

Werbung:
In the midst of my mother pickling herself with creams and concoctions, she does opt out for some natural remedies. For bags under her eyes, she simply grabs a back of frozen peas and lays down with them over her face for awhile. I honestly think anything on the cold side will help with swollen eyes.

She also has a tube of Preparation H that she's used and she swears by that as well - I think it's a last ditch, I'm in a hurry and need to get ready solution before make-up is applied.

I suppose it's attributed to when you get hurt and need to reduce swelling, most people will dive for the freezer.

Back