• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Yahoo And Msn...hacker Loose

AliceCoopersGirl

Recieved an e-mail warning me of this today and felt it important to share it with you all

Please be advised that there is a hacker on the loose in Yahoo and Msn. We personally have already had one incident where a virus was attached to someones pictures in their album here on the site.If you have pictures loaded in this site you might be better off taking them off of this site or anyother msn group album until the hacker is taken care of. These viruses are attaching straight to your pictures. So please, go to my groups at the top of the page then click my storage and remove them that way. Please do not go directly to photo album. If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any of the management here on the site. I am very sorry for the incovenience.

It is not about this site...it is another one that has been affected.

Werbung:
ACG Can you expand on this at all please? What exactly is happening? Is this via email?

I'd like to reassure you all that as ACG says, this is not about Girl Power. Our photos/pictures are fine. They are only visable to members also.

Heh... Hackers and attaching viruses to pictures stored on msn and yahoo.. i very much doubt that is the case.. id be more weary of the email you just received than a "hacker"(i dunno couldnt really call a virus writer a hacker) specialy if it had any attatchments or hidden images
<
but for a virus programer to attach a virus to a file he would have to first download the picture.. then program the virus using the raw data from the image to create the image etc etc.. then hack into msn..or yahoo and go through thousands upon thousands of images/folders to find where the original image is and then replaces it. seems like a bit of a pain in the behind dont you think.. just to try and infect someone when there would be more easier ways.. such as uploading there own image with an attached virus.. although msn usualy scan for viruses so they are most likely to catch it before its even put on there servers
<
... and them saying move your images to another place seems a little weird lol why would you want to move possible infected files *sigh*

The best protection against viruses.. is protection make sure you have an antivirus program that is upto date.. if you dont have one you can use a free one such as AVG i'll find the url if anyone wants it
<

Originally posted by Bubbles@Jun 23 2005, 12:28 PM
Heh... Hackers and attaching viruses to pictures stored on msn and yahoo.. i very much doubt that is the case.. id be more weary of the email you just received than a "hacker"(i dunno couldnt really call a virus writer a hacker) specialy if it had any attatchments or hidden images
<
but for a virus programer to attach a virus to a file he would have to first download the picture.. then program the virus using the raw data from the image to create the image etc etc.. then hack into msn..or yahoo and go through thousands upon thousands of images/folders to find where the original image is and then replaces it. seems like a bit of a pain in the behind dont you think.. just to try and infect someone when there would be more easier ways.. such as uploading there own image with an attached virus.. although msn usualy scan for viruses so they are most likely to catch it before its even put on there servers
<
... and them saying move your images to another place seems a little weird lol why would you want to move possible infected files *sigh*

The best protection against viruses.. is protection make sure you have an antivirus program that is upto date.. if you dont have one you can use a free one such as AVG i'll find the url if anyone wants it
<
Im only saying what I've been told...and its not just that forum its happened to...there is another that I read about it on...this e-mail I was sent had no virus linked to it(my mail is checked as it comes in)

Just though you guys would like to know about it...sorry for being a pain.

Werbung:
ACG, no one is having a go at you at all, don't take it like that
<

Personally, I wanted to reassure everyone that GP is safe. I appreciate you telling us, it means a lot. It's good to get a tip off about these sorts of things, cos let's face it, the internet is full of viruses, spyware, etc etc.

Don't be offended by our comments, it wasn't personal to you. You know we luffs ya
<
(lucky you hehe)

Back