• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Time For Your Smear Test?

Lottie

Cervical cancer is one of the most common cancers, and if unchecked it can go undetected for months, sometimes years. Of the 3,500 women who get cervical cancer in the UK each year, many have not had regular smear tests. That's why screening the cervix, (the narrow neck of the uterus that opens into the vagina), is so important.

Like most cancers the earlier cervical cancer is diagnosed, the better the chance for a cure. All women in the UK, from the ages of about 18 (or two years after first sexual intercourse) to 65 are entitled to a cervical smear every three to five years.

You should automatically be notified by your doctor or local health authority for a test that may be carried out by a practice nurse. But don't wait for your reminder: make an appointment yourself and remember the best time for a cervical smear is two weeks after your period.

click here for more info: Source

Werbung:
ohhhh I am well overdue mine, I am so frightened about going, I have made a couple of appointments in the past and always cancelled them. I know how important it is to have it done, but I just cannot make myself go. I cannot even grab enough courage to get someone else to even come to the appointment with me. I feel totally trapped because I want to get it all checked out but I cannot do it grrr

I've had three jabs to help prevent cervical cancer, but I won't be allowed to get one until I'm 25 I think :/ Silly GP!

Gosh...This has got me thinking whether I am due to have one sometime soon, I must check this out....And although like most women I dread having it done, I am a total believer in the old saying "Better safe than sorry".

Oddly enough I don't dread it as it seems the majority of you do, I merely dislike the inconvenience of going and having to take time off of work to go. I'm actually due to make my yearly appointment!

Werbung:
Back