• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Tilly !! Help Meeeeeee

thistle

As usual I asked my neices and nephew what they wanted for Xmas this year ....

Chelsey aged 9 - Bratz dolls, make-up, pink princessy stuff ............no surprise there..

Lewis aged 4 - Power Rangers !!!!!!!! no big surprise there either ....

Lauryn aged 7 .... a Guitar !!!!!! no hesitation, she wants a guitar for Xmas so that her Dad can teach her how to play
<
not the typical girly request here,

So ....

I'm not 100% convinced that she REALLY wants to learn to play, I think it may possibly be because her Dad (my brother) plays guitar and she may possibly in a roundabout way be saying that she wants to spend more time with him.....

However, that is what she has asked for so I'll happily get her one BUT ...

I don't have a flippin clue about guitars !! I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on something that MAY end up being a glorified toy but neither do I want to buy her something that is JUST a toy and no more !!

Tilly !!!!!! I need advice !

Werbung:
<

If she's 7, I would just get her one of those guitar starter kits. The ones that come in a box with the electric guitar, case, patch cords and amp. You can usually get them in big department stores, such as Wal-Marts, and music stores have them too.

Unless you're looking to get an acoustic, for someone young you could just go into a music store and ask for a small acoustic. They do make some that sound good but are smaller for tiny fingers. Acoustics are generally harder to play as their strings are much thicker so a kid's one would be your best option.

I'm not sure what her dad plays - if he plays an acoustic, get her an acoustic (this is likely cheaper as well), but if he plays electric you might want to look at those. They do sound different so it's best to be consistent.
<

One brand I really like for starting up is Yamaha. They usually make pretty decent inexpensive stuff, and they make EVERYTHING.

Here's some examples:
Acoustic
Electric Guitar Kit

I hope that helps.

<
Thanks Tilly xxx

Her Dad plays an electric so I'll look into one of them for her

Problem is ....she wants a PINK guitar lol, hopefully I can find one for her that doesn't damage the bank account too much

<

PINK? hahaha... I don't see many pink guitars, and when I do they're usually in the couple hundred dollar range. They're often specialty guitars.
<

Though I think the Squier Venus is often pink. I'd have to look that up, and I don't remember them being TOO expensive.

Good luck!
<

Yes! Pink Venus:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d0FeMch9JPw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d0FeMch9JPw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I like how Snowy found the rudey word.
<

I hadn't even noticed!!!! Now we know who's got their mind in the gutter.
<

<
Snowy.

Thisty, let me know what you end up deciding. Now I'm extremely curious to see what you'll end up getting!

lol well ..... after a few talks with her Mum and Dad I've decided NOT to get her it for Xmas, purel;y because none of us are quite sure if she really wants to learn to play or if she just wants it for the sake of it .....

Her birthday is in March so i figure if she is serious she'll still be asking for a guitar and then I'll get it for her.

But I'm still gonna go into a music shop and look around in the meantime lol

Werbung:
Back