• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Superstitions

Snowbaby

Are you superstitious at all? Hate walking under ladders? Never cut your nails on a Sunday? Share with us!!

I woulnd't say I am really superstitious, however when I have my stereo on, and I turn up the volume, it tells me what level it's at by numbers. I wont let it stop at level 13....
<
I guess this is a bit huh!!

How about you guys?
<

Werbung:
What happens if you cut your nails on sunday?
<

I still try not to step on cracks. Is that a superstition or jsut something you do as a kid? All the wee rhymes that go with it -
Step on a crack, marry a rat
Step on a crack, break your back.

Yeah...

Apparently it's bad luck, my mum wont cut her nails on Sundays!

oooh yeah I remember that "no stepping on cracks on pavements" but I never heard of the rhyme. Nice one potty!!

Huh, interesting.

Oh! What about the one with crows? Or is it sneezes?
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a letter
Four for a boy.
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret, never to be told.

I was always brought up with it being for sneezes because NZ doesn't get crows but people I know do it for when they see crows.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Step on a crack, marry a rat[/b]
We used to say step on a crack brake your back , step on a line brake your spine. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Oh! What about the one with crows? Or is it sneezes?[/b]
Its magpie's over hereI don't like magpie's there are loads around here so as long as i see more then 1 i'm ok lol. I usually only see one when i am just going on my driving lesson and i am searching for more lol.
Also man hole covers 1 is bad luck 2 is good luck (when connected together) and i'f somebody walks over them within 5 seconds after it blanks it out lol
Stupid stuff from when you are at school it just seems to stick

Charlotte
<

I remember that spine one! Actaully, yeah it was probably magpies that it was for. I knew it was come kind of blackbird....

Looks like there are a number of version out there, eh?

i never walk under a ladder, and mum always told me its bad luck to look @ the full moon through glass, if you do you have to turn a silver coin in your pocket, to make it good luck again...
the whole black cat path crossing thing....
<

oh yeh my mum always goes by the black cat crossing in front of you too!

I can't think of anymore though, although there's loads!! :umm:

Friday 13th I used to skive off school because i was determined something bad was going to happen, I still try not to go out now, if i can help it
<
There is one next month
<

Charlotte
<

i go round looking for bad luck.. like chasing after black cats running under ladders steping in every crack i find.. and i try doing them all on friday the 13th.. shooting magpies are good aswell
<
and putting an umberella up inside the house is so much fun specialy if you trying to float down stairs like mary poppins and i've got 13 stairs in my house that i run up everyday.. and there is 13 windows on my house.. but superstisious people cause accidents because they are always waiting for something bad to happen then it eventually does or they are thinking so much about superstition they loose concentration and cause an accident themself.. so im ok
<
<
<
<

I am not particulalry superstitous but I always salute to the magpie and say good morning. Apparently one magpie is bad luck because they always go around in pairs so saluting counteracts the bad luck. LOL! People think I am nuts when I walk down the street or drive in the car and start saluting.
<
<

I consider the black cat as good luck because when of chances of seeing a cat that is totally black? Unless you work at the Animal Shelter. I belive a broken mirror is bad luck because it's like your reflection is how you see the outside you, and seeing the broken me is that how I look is destroy.

Werbung:
I try not to cross paths with black cats.

I also cross myself if I see a funeral procession go past.

Back