• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Share your birth experience with the group

Snowbaby

Share your labour experience with us
<
  • How was your birth experience?
  • How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby?
  • Were there any complications?
  • What pain relief did you use? And did it work?
  • Was it anything like you had expected?
  • Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it?
  • What was it like to hold your baby for the first time?
  • Did you have your baby in hospital or at home?
  • How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)?
Share your baby's birth story
<

Werbung:
Benjamins Birth
How was your birth experience? It was quite a good experience, for the 1st time round
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? Ben took 15 hours
Were there any complications? No
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? Just Gas and Air, and it helped take the edge off the pain
Was it anything like you had expected? No
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? Not really, I just didn't want a C-Section
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? Absolutely amazing, I can't describe the feeling
Did you have your baby in hospital or at home? Hospital
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? 2 days

Joels Birth
How was your birth experience? Very stressful
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? Joel only took 6 hours
Were there any complications? Yes, he waws 8 weeks early and had breathing problems
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? None
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? Yes and No
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? Scary because he was so small
Did you have your baby in hospital or at home? hospital
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? I was in for 5 days, Joel stayed in for 3 weeks

Edens Birth
How was your birth experience? This time, it was good
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? 25 hours
Were there any complications? No
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? Again just Gas and Air
Was it anything like you had expected? Yes
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? No
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? It was amazing!
Did you have your baby in hospital or at home? Hospital
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? Only 1 day

Here's my 3.

No1, C.
<

How was your birth experience? scary and unknown, but at the same time it followed the typical text book stages.
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? around 9hrs.
Were there any complications? high blood pressure and then a hemorrhage. The doctor had to be called back and I had 4 nurses working on me.
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? One sip of gas which made me sick. So no it didn't work.
Was it anything like you had expected? much more painful, until you experience birth you've got no idea of how bad it can be. ( unless of course you're one of the lucky ones)
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? I made a birthing plan, but didn't get to use it.
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? scary, she was the first baby I'd ever held and even then it was about 4hrs after the delivery.
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? 6 or 7 days.

No2 L,
<

How was your birth experience? Better, I knew sort of what to expect and had a good midwife coaching me.
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? around 9hrs.
Were there any complications? there was no bag of water around the baby as the placenta had failed. Servere ripping.
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? pethidene and gas.
Was it anything like you had expected? yes and no, the pushing was worse because it was very dry (no waters ) so a lot of damage was done.
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? no
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? Great, I bonded with him straight away.
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? 2 days.

No3. J
<

How was your birth experience? awful, extremely painful and out of control.
How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby? around 3 hours.
Were there any complications?high blood pressure which meant I had to stay in and be induced straight away. The contractions never had a chance to build up and just went into continous pain. I was lucky to get 30seconds between them.
What pain relief did you use? And did it work? pethidene and gas. When I had the pethidene I was only a couple of centimetres but delivered J within an hour. She had to have a shot of narcan to reverse the effects as she was having trounle breathing.
Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it? no
What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? NIce but a shock because it all happened so quick.
How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? a week

How was your birth experience? Was scarey but wonderful!!

How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby?

My first child was only 6 hrs in labor..2nd child was 14 hrs

Were there any complications? None

What pain relief did you use? And did it work? None with first child..
2nd child they gave me an epiderial by mistake..
<

Was it anything like you had expected? No not the first time I was clueless..

Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it?
No did no lamaze classes ect..

What was it like to hold your baby for the first time? OMG..I counted fingers and toes, and I couldnt explain the joy..

Did you have your baby in hospital or at home? Both in the hosp..

How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)? 2 days

Sounds fantastic but scary... some good contraception encouragement there lol.

But seriously, thanks for sharing with us ladies.
<

How was your birth experience?
Fantastic, painful, scarey, funny - unique!

How long was your entire labour from the first contraction to the birth of your precious baby?
Well established labour is down at 9hrs 9 minutes but i actually had my waters break at Midnight and had her at 11.35am the next day!

Were there any complications?
None whatsoever, had a second degree tear but that's common with natural birth

What pain relief did you use?
I had a tens fitted by my midwife at home and had gas and air for an hour or so at hospital

And did it work?
Yes it did - but so did my midwifes advice, dont' fight the pain breathe through it and it won't hurt as much!

Was it anything like you had expected?
Nothing like i expected - i think you shouldn't try and go in with expectations because whatever you imagine it to be it will never be like that and everyone's experience is very different so always have an open mind.

Did you make a birthing plan beforehand?
I made a very open birth plan as i had a very good midwife who made me realise that a plan is a good thing but as with every labour anything can happen so don't make it too stringent. I was clear on wanting as little pain relief as possible and on skin to skin as soon as Tasha was born.

And if so, did you manage to stick to it?
Well i think that having Tens and G&A and a great pair of birthing partners who made me laugh at myself alot helped me to stick to it!

What was it like to hold your baby for the first time?
It's hard to describe it was like nothing i've ever experienced before - the total love that is just there for your baby is just amazing!

Did you have your baby in hospital or at home?
It's a bit weird because i had her in a Home from Home Suite which isn't home but is in hospital but isn't like the normal delivery wards - it had a double pine bed, carpets, frilly curtains, moses basked set up beside the bed - was very nice and relaxing - much more so than a hospital delivery room.

How long were you in hospital (if you had a hospital delivery)?
I was sat on the sofa with Tasha 3 hours after i had her - at a Home from Home Suite you are released within 6hours of delivery.

Fantastic! I could not have asked for better. It was so amazing!!!!! Completely natural just how I wanted it. I truly believe it was because I had a doula...she made me feel very calm and relaxed.

4.5 hours from 3cms which is proper labour to birth.

I had braxton hicks contractions (these are practice contractions) for 2 week previous to Alex's birth. I was in and out of hospital believeing it to be the real thing and it never was.Although a week before he was born I was already 2 cms dilated.Proper labour starts at 3 cms so you can imagine my woe! LOL.

Anyway on the 27th Dec I woke up and there was alot of mucous.. the mucous plug that protects the cervix was falling out and I new that this meant my cervix was dilating more. Went to hospital and I was still 2cms so they sent me home... I pottered around the house having baths and eating. I called my Doula and told her this was it and she came over to help out. By the way I thoroughly recommend a doula!!

Contractions got worse in the evening. Really painful and 4 minutes between each. The Pain was taking my breath away! Rushed to hospital because pain was coming on thick and fast got there and it took from 3 cms to him being born in 4.5 hours! Vey very quick indeed! At one point however contractions seemed to stop and I think this was prolly the transition stage. I was able to have a cup of tea for a peaceful 10 mins before they started up again!
There was no time for any painkillers so it was all natural. Gas and air (Entenox) didn't work.

At one point Alex's heart beat started dropping and the midwife told me she would have to break my waters. This took forever because they would not budge! And then 20 mins later I was pushing. I was panic stricken at that moment when his heart rate was dropping. So I really pushed hard...3 pushes and he was out. He had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times and the midwife thought this might have been causing the problems.

What pain relief did you use? And did it work?

Gas and Air didn't work so no no pain relief because there was no time. Although I can remember yelling for an epidural LOL! But it was too late!

The pain was INCREDIBLE!!!!! But its a pain you get used to and have to deal with cause there is no other option. It was better than I could have ever imagined!

Did you make a birthing plan beforehand? And if so, did you manage to stick to it?

I had a birth plan and I wanted Alex naturally and to have an active birth and thats exactly what I got.

Words cannot even describe this feeling! I was in pure ecstacy! It was the most amazing feeling! Unbelievable...

In a hospital.

24 hours was long enough! Its far too noisy in the wards. LOL

It was awful but worth it in the end

24 hours

Kasia was stuck she needed help getting out

What pain relief did you use? And did it work?

Everything the epidural didn't work at first but it did in the end

No, it took longer than should.

No

Lovely, I couldn't believe she came out of me.

Hospital

A week before and I went home the day after I gave birth.

Well on Wednesday 29th November, at 9:50am I had the first pessery gel inserted. And I was 2cm dilated at the time. Then I was told the at 3:50pm they are not going to insert the second gel as they feel they would be able to break my waters, which I thought was great anyway 3:50pm came and they broke my waters the contractractions came on very strong at 5 mins apart and at 5:30pm I was in established Labour. They said that I should have my baby by 8pm, but that was not the case. Then for some reason I stopped dilating but by 4:00am the next day I was fully dilated and started to push, but after 40 mins of pushing nothing happened so they decided that I would need to go into theater and have the baby with the aid of forceps. And they would give it two tries and if that didn't work then I would need an emergency c-section, anyway the forceps worked and out came Kasia weighing 6lb12ozs at 7:31am. Simon and I were both really happy. But I lost a one and a half pints of blood but luckily managed to avoid a blood transfusion. All the midwives that looked after me during the time when I went in at 30 weeks were working and they were due to finish at 7:00am but they all hung around and came to the theater to see Kasia and they all loved her.

Werbung:
Back