• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pregnant Women Have New Online Resource

Snowbaby

Heidi Murkoff, New York Times best selling author of the What To Expect When You're Expecting and the What to Expect series of pregnancy and parenting books has joined with online subscription-based publisher, Waterfront Media Inc., to launch the official What to Expect When You're Expecting Web site (http://www.WhatToExpect.com) as part of Waterfront's array of products from leading authors.

What to Expect When You're Expecting has been called "the pregnancy bible," with more than 13 million copies in print in the U.S. In fact, according to USA Today, 93 percent of all expectant mothers who read a pregnancy guide read What to Expect When You're Expecting (now in its third edition).

"This Web site -- the latest addition to the What to Expect family -- is another great resource for moms and dads to be," said author Heidi Murkoff. "We're excited to be able to provide expectant parents with an added dimension to What to Expect -- an interactive, personalized online companion during their pregnancies. We'll have informative articles they won't find anywhere else, easy-to-use tools like the daily pregnancy planner and the scrapbook, as well as answers to their questions -- all dedicated to making those 40 weeks easier and more fun. Plus, expectant couples will be able to tap into an entire community of 'belly buddies' to help them through the very personal experience of expecting a baby. After all, there's nothing like knowing you're not alone to help you feel more comfortable."

Ben Wolin, CEO of Waterfront Media commented, "Waterfront Media strives to connect people via the Internet with the best self-help experts. When Waterfront decided to launch a Web site for expectant parents, it was obvious who we wanted to work with. The What To Expect series is clearly the premium brand in its category, and Waterfront is very pleased to bring it -- and Heidi -- online."

Asked why she waited so long to bring this successful book online, Heidi replied, "I've had piles of proposals over the years -- and I knew the Web site would be an important addition that readers were actually looking for -- in fact, asking for. But it wasn't until I met Waterfront that I knew I met the right partner."

Heidi Murkoff "conceived" the idea for What to Expect When You're Expecting during her first pregnancy, when she discovered that most books only added to her questions and worries. Determined to write a guide that would help expectant parents sleep better at night, Heidi delivered the proposal for What to Expect just hours before delivering her daughter, Emma. She teamed up with medical writer Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee Hathaway, BSN, to write the book and then continued to write an entire bookshelf of titles for parents and children that have helped millions of families. The What to Expect series, which has sold more than 25 million copies, includes What to Expect the First Year, What to Expect the Toddler Years, the What to Expect Pregnancy Organizer, the What to Expect Pregnancy Planner, and the What to Expect Babysitter's Handbook. Heidi's latest book, What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting, is a complete guide to diet and nutrition during pregnancy. She's also written nine What to Expect books for children, designed to hold their hands as they venture off to face life's first experiences. The What to Expect kids series includes What to Expect When Mommy's Having a Baby and What to Expect When the New Baby Comes Home.

ource

Werbung:
Ok I just had a look through this, and basically it looks like any other information site... but it costs $4.95 a month
<
Not very impressed!!

Back