• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Police Charge Teen Mother With Hiding Birth

Snowbaby

The teenage mother of a newborn baby found dead in a closet has been charged with illegally concealing the child's birth, police said.

Jameya Lataj Turner, 16, of High Point, was released into the custody of her mother Wednesday after her arrest.

An autopsy of the child released last week could not determine whether the baby was born alive. The boy had numerous defects, the autopsy found, and would have needed extensive medical help to survive if he had been born alive.

The charge against Turner is the lowest-grade felony.

With the autopsy inconclusive, "there weren't a whole lot of options we had as far as charges," Capt. Kenneth Shultz of the High Point Police Department said.

The boy's body was discovered May 25 in an apartment where Turner gave birth. A family member discovered the body several hours later, police said.

Source

Werbung:
What do you guys think about this?

Personally, I'm not sure she should have been charged. How scared must she hae been? At her age she was probably absolutely terrified of telling her parents/friends etc.

It's a bit harsh to have her charged. Yes, ok, she is old enough to know that the baby died - she should have told someone, but I still think she'd have been way too scared to come forward.

I'm in two minds, if she actually killed the baby yes she should be charged.

But if the baby died in childbirth or after then no, the poor girls had enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The boy had numerous defects, the autopsy found, and would have needed extensive medical help to survive if he had been born alive

Going by this section of the article, I assume he died of natural causes. But who knows. I totally agree with you Tia... it's just so tragic
<
[/b]

Werbung:
well i feel bad for the mother thats just horrible...to get pregnant young i think is the most hardest things a woman can do....but i dont know what to say....
what she did was wrong but i feel bad for the girl...

Back