• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Moving in with your man

aanoname89

Hi Everyone,

So I'm just about to move in with my boyfriend (in just over 3 weeks time!!)

Does anybody have any tips or hints in terms of what I should be aware of/careful about?

My boyfriend is also my best friend, I've never gotten along with someone so well! But I've had problems before when moving in with actual best (girl) friends before, it NEVER ended well.
I realise it's totally different when you're moving in with your partner, but I am a little anxious!

Thanks xx

Werbung:
Hi. I noticed that no one had answered to your thread so I took the opportunity to answer it! I sort of recently moved in with my boyfriend and it's actually a big step in a relationship. I think it's perfectly normal that you're a bit anxious because so was I. My mum and my friends shared my worries and gave me some tips and such. My friends told me that the key is a good communication, because most fights or argues are about misunderstandings..so be clear and honest with him with what you feel like is important in your home and don't forget to listen to his opinions and demands and try and divide everything as fair as possible. Work as a team and remember; when you move in with someone..there's no such thing as "Yours" and "his"...you guys are going to have to share! Sharing is caring. Hehe..that's my ultimate tip.

Hi Essie,

Brilliant, thanks for your input. Yeah you're right, it is a big step in a relationship. I've always said it's the ultimate step to find out whether it's going to work out or not because you see your partner every day and spend pretty much all or most of your free time with him. I can't wait to move in with him but I know it will take some adjusting. But "sharing is caring" is totally true, and it's important in order to avoid petty arguments!

Yes you're so right. People rush into relationships and sometimes convience themselves that that man on or woman is their one and only when they haven't even lived together yet! You really do have to move in with the guy to experience all those unknown sides of him that you haven't yet seen because you've just been seeing eachother for some time. New sides and new behaviours will pop up without a doubt when you move in with someone and you will learn a lot about your partner. It's so exciting. I wish I could go back to when I first moved in with my boyfriend..that day was so amazingly exciting! And I wish the same for you

Thank you!! I do worry sometimes that it might be too soon to move in, but then again, if this whole thing isn't meant to be, then it isn't, and if it is, it is. I just have to let life take its course :)

What Essie said is right. Another thing is the things that attract you to him to the most will sometimes be the thing that annoys you the most. It is all about having good communication because if you don't you may start to argue a bit more since you are around each other more. Just enjoy it, and talk about what makes you uncomfortable etc.

Thanks Danni, that's so true, we will probably argue a little more, it's kind the same concept with your family - you argue more and once you move out of your home you begin to argue less. But yes, open communication seems to be the key element here!

I tried living with my bestfriend/boyfriend and it's not easy. It takes some to adjust to each other ways, just try not to nag too much because men don't seem to like being told what to do or told what they are doing wrong.

Werbung:
Thanks for your input Sherry, yeah no-one really likes being told what to do, so that makes sense :)

Back