• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Movie reviews

Last night I watched Eraserhead... I am NOT going to forget this one for a long while. This movie was like a 90 minute nightmare, it was so surreal, creepy and disturbing. I ended up sleeping about an hour last night thanks to this movie, creeped me out down to my very core but I still think it's absolutely brilliant. The whole thing was done in black and white, and has several extremely memorable characters.

Here's the link if anyone is interested to see what it's all about:

Eraserhead

Werbung:
WOW! we aint posted in hree for aaaaaaaaaages lol.

OK some of the films we have watched recently (that I can remember)

The Departed ..... FANTASTIC !!!!!! one of the best films I've seen for a long time and one of the few where I can honestly say I did NOT see the twist coming !!

The Hostel ..... If you haven't seen it? .... don't, seriously just don't!! it's awful, horribly gruesome without even a decent storyline to back it up ...... just gross, I dont' care if I never see this again
<

Goodfellas ... Oldie but still great, a bit long and not a film that I would class as "light" and entertaining but I love it.

Snakes on a Plane ..... ummmmmmm yeah ...... Samuel L Jackson rocks!!! that is probably this films best feature
<

Tenacious D, Pick of Destiny ..... really funny if you are a fan of Jack Black, the music is awesome and Dave Grohl's devil is the funniest thing I've seen in ages but if you aint into the music then you'll probably think it sucks
<

I can't think of anything else we've watched recently but there are bound to be loads.

I've only been able to sit through Eraserhead once, and I love David Lynch. The music is so jarring, and the characters are just plain surreal. You won't ever get it out of your head, that's for sure. As for David Lynch movies that are accessible, try out Wild at Heart, with pre-jackass Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern. Willem Dafoe plays a greaseball brilliantly, you'll be quoting him for years afterwards.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll watch Eraserhead again.
<
I loved it, but you really have to be in the mood for something like that. And thankfully that mood doesn't strike me very often.
<

David Lynch IS brilliant. I watched Blue Velvet that same weekend, and have been watching the Twin Peaks series. He's wonderfully weird.
<

I've seen "Breaking and entering" recently, really a good movie..Jude Law, Robin Wright Penn, Juliette Binoche...excellent stuff.

Haven't seen that one, Mary. What's the premise, I might rent it one of these nights.

Speaking of movies that are a bit off, have any of you caught a flick written by Charlie Kaufman? He just happens to be one of my heroes!
<
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is great, Jim Carrey plays Joel, who's just found out that his ex-girlfriend Clementine, played by Kate Winslet
<
has just had all memories of him erased. So Joel decides to have Clementine erased from his memory as well, but as it's happening he realizes how important those memories are to him, so he tries to save all he can from being erased. Anyhow it's an absolutely fantastic flick and one I've seen a few times and it doesn't get old.

Liked the Eternal...and yes, Adaptation was a snoozefest for me as well, sorry Snuffs, but..didn't like it, and didn't even watch it till the end.

Breaking and entering is about life and love..it's very real, very life-like, not melodramatic at all, and I loved the actors' performance..really splendid..you should watch it and let me know what you think.

My favourite director is Fellini I think..cause Amarcord is my fav movie ever...

we watched TMNT this weekend and I tell you it is ok ..but the first Turtle movies were better!! We also watched Are we Done Yet..that is very funny!! Then just awhile ago we watched Disturbia.. VERY GOOD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! It had me on the edge of my seat!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ninja kitty yukiko @ Jul 14 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i seen shrek 3. Funny. The ogre babys are only at the end.
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
I must watch this, I have it in the kitchen but never watched it as yet!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jennifer @ Aug 12 2007, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
we watched TMNT this weekend and I tell you it is ok ..but the first Turtle movies were better!! We also watched Are we Done Yet..that is very funny!! Then just awhile ago we watched Disturbia.. VERY GOOD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! It had me on the edge of my seat!![/b]
Can't say I'm a fan of the turtles... The others I haven't heard of but as you say Disturbia is good, I wanna see it![/b]

Werbung:
Back