• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Michigan's third 'partial-birth' ban

Snowbaby

LANSING, Mich. For the third time in nine years, the state and abortion rights groups are preparing to tussle over a law aimed at banning a procedure that doctors label intact dilation and extraction.

In the procedure, a doctor partially removes a living fetus from the womb, punctures the skull and removes the brain. It's generally used in the late second trimester, and some doctors say it's the safest option for a woman in some circumstances.

The state Legislature approved a new law banning the procedure last June.

Hundreds of thousands of voters signed petitions that allowed the bill to become law with only the approval of the House and Senate -- both of which are controlled by Republicans -- after Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm vetoed the original.

Source

Werbung:
I find this quite disturbing, I had no idea that such "abortions" were carried out.
<
Very sad indeed.

I agree Snowy, late second term is a viable child.

Unless for medical reasons, I don't see why the woman wouldn't just have the baby and hand it over for adoption.
After all she still has to go through labour and delivery of the now dead baby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
In the procedure, a doctor partially removes a living fetus from the womb, punctures the skull and removes the brain

I don't really understand the procedure, but, how can they remove a fetus "partially" ??

It just doesn't bare thinking about huh? :cry: [/b]

Werbung:
Back