• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Male or Female doctors

I'm sooo ashamed to confess it but I've never been to a gynecologist. I know I should make an appointment but I'm just too scared and way to shy:cry: . I think I'd prefer a male doctor though. I heard they're more delicate. And I prefer male doctors in general.

Werbung:
I'm sooo ashamed to confess it but I've never been to a gynecologist. I know I should make an appointment but I'm just too scared and way to shy:cry: . I think I'd prefer a male doctor though. I heard they're more delicate. And I prefer male doctors in general.

Aww. What are you scared of? It's really not that bad. Are you shy at regular doctors' visits, too?

Aww. What are you scared of? It's really not that bad. Are you shy at regular doctors' visits, too?

Well, it's not exactly a regular doctors' visit:oops: . I know I'm being silly and I should make an appointment, but I just can't imagine undressing completely in front of a stranger:unsure:

Well, it's not exactly a regular doctors' visit:oops: . I know I'm being silly and I should make an appointment, but I just can't imagine undressing completely in front of a stranger:unsure:

Fair enough. I don't know what the procedures are there. Here, you don't undress in front of anyone. They leave you in the room with a paper gown. During the exam, they only move the section they need to or work under the paper (like for the breast exam) and you stay covered almost the whole time. Obviously when your legs are up in stirrups, that's not much of a comfort and they will see all of your nether regions at that point, but that portion only lasts less than 2 minutes usually and then you're done.

You're not being silly. It's not a comfortable position to be in. You don't undress in front of the doctor. They give you a gown and you undress in private. It really doesn't last very long. The first time is the hardest.

I think you posted that you are in your late 20's. It's time to go. Your imagination is probably worse than the actual exam.

Jessi, I don't know what the procedures are here either. I just always imagined that you undress and sit on this creepy chair:eek:
Parker, I'm 27 and I know I should go...I will, I just need some more time to prepare myself. I wish I wasn't so scared:(

Jessi, I don't know what the procedures are here either. I just always imagined that you undress and sit on this creepy chair:eek:
Parker, I'm 27 and I know I should go...I will, I just need some more time to prepare myself. I wish I wasn't so scared:(

It's not so bad. I think going to the dentist is far worse. I wish I could be there for moral support. You can do it!

Awww. It's actually a normal table and they'll talk you through every step. The cervical exam is the only weird part at all and it seriously only takes a minute or two. Tell them it's your first time and that you're so nervous. They will tell you exactly what they're going to do, when they're going to do it, and it'll be over before you know it.

Parker, Jessi, thank you for your support and kind words!:) You gave me courage. I'm still not courageous enough to make an appointment right away but I'm really thinking about it. The longer I wait the more scared I'm I guess. I wish I had my first exam when I was a teenager, it would be easier. Unfortunately, my mother never really talked to me about it. She didn't talk to me at all about 'these' things. When I got my first period I thought I'm dying because I had no idea what is going on:eek:

Awww.

I know that feeling. My family doesn't talk about "these things" at all either. I learned my stuff from school, books, and later, the internet. I'm way more open about talking about it now because I became interested in sexuality studies and later, promoting sex/sexuality education for teens and young adults. I could still never have the conversations with my mother, though.

My mom did tell me about getting a period. I guess I'm fortunate in that way. Most of my classmates and friends got theirs before me. I was waiting for mine to happen. I was a late bloomer.

I didn't have my first pelvic exam until I was 20 years old. My mom didn't warn me about it. It's not so bad. Jessi is right, the pelvic exam doesn't last very long, just a couple of minutes.

it really doesn't matter about the sex of the doctor because I find them to be both professional. A lot of young ladies are adamant about getting a female doctor and I don't know why because a lot of the male doctors are very professional and don't make you feel uncomfortable. So, it really doesn't matter to me.

I'm just more comfortable with a female OBGYN. I guess it's because I think they can relate better to "female stuff." Actually, I think I'm just more comfortable with female doctors altogether, for that reason, now that I think about it.

For me, at first I was scared or embarrassed to have a male doctor examine me down there, but there is always a female nurse in the room to make sure everything goes right. Which made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Now, it doesn't matter and I don't mind. My doctor is very professional and is very gentle and answers any questions that I may have and makes it completely understandable. To the teen girls that are scared about going to a male gyno for the time, it isn't as bad as it seems. Afterwards you will be thinking, why was I so scared!

Werbung:
Well, it's not something I think any of use look forward to, but it is important. It needs to be done regularly. Try to just get it over with.

Back