• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

long distance relationships

littlelady

hey ladies! so i'm sure many if you out there have experienced obstacles in your relationship and all looked out for some advice.
here my situations so i had known a guys fro the states since grade 7 maybe but only online sorta through a friend (he was her cousin) so there was very little chance i'd actually ever meet him because he was living there and i was leaving in canada but randomly he decided to move up here and so he took me for coffee
at this point i'm in grade 11 and things quickly heated up between us and we pursued a relationship
unfortunatey my parents are quite strict and made it nearly impossible to be with him so i decided to break things off
between the months we were not dating we didnt speak much i was talking to someone which was a failure and so i decided that since now i had fulfilled my parents wishes of pursuing my post secondary education i'd try and rekindle things with him
thankfully things quicklyyy returned to the way they were when our relationjship began but shortly after he told me he would be moving back to the states to pursue his post secondary education (he is 2 years older then me but took a year off school and attended college in canada for one)
he is leaving this coming sunday and i'm a little nervous about how i'm going to take it
plus he often refers to marriage and children (which i love but akes me nervous)
whats your opinion on our relationship? (keep in mind that we do fully trust one another)

Werbung:
I'm going to be completely honest. My boyfriend and I (1.5 years) started out as a long distance friendship because we knew that a long distance relationship would have been too hard. It wasn't until I moved to Israel that we started really going out. But then this past summer I had to go back to the states for a few months and he was drafted into the army. It was hard.

Don't get me wrong even if you do trust someone completely it is still going to be hard. A friend of mine said that her brother was going out with a girl who was going to school in a different state, they went out in a long distance relationship for nearly 7 years. So it is do able, but you just have to be prepared to deal with a lot of crap.

I think now a days it is much easier to keep a long distance relationship going. Between email. facebook, skype and cell phones you can talk basically all the time. I am still sort of in a long distance relationship, I only get to see my boyfriend on the weekends because he goes to school 2 hours from where I'm in school. Its tough but if you want to make it work it will, it's just going to be one hell of a roller coaster!

If he is the right guy for you everything will work out fine. It sounds like you two have a pretty solid relationship. If you dated before and split for a while then when you started dating again the relationship went back to normal, I don't think you will have a problem with the long distance. Me and my boyfriend went to school together for a year when I was a freshman and he was a senior. We dated for a little bit but got in a horrible fight right before I moved to another state and broke up. We didn't talk for 4 years but he somehow thought of me and found me on Facebook. By this point I was half way across the country but we decided to start dating anyways. I feel that if someone comes back into your life and everything is going great it is for a reason. I'm not going to lie to you long distance is very hard, I've been doing it for a two and a half years now. As long as you are both putting 100% of effort into the relationship everything will work out.

My husband and I were from two different countries before we got married. We carried on the relationship for about 4 years before we got married. I can tell you it's going to be hard but the important thing is to keep communicating with each other. Nowadays, with the Internet, it's easy to stay in touch. During my time, I had to use snail mail and the telephone. It was difficult but we're now married for 22 years. If he's really the one for you, the relationship will endure. Don't worry too much.

I agree with everyone on this thread, actually - I feel they gave you complete honesty. I too have been in a long distance relationship that lasted a couple of years. We, however, did not succeed due to communication getting interrupted etc. Possibly he was just not the one for me, and vice versa.
We are, however, still friends. We also still live on different continents.

Just keep the communication OPEN and HONEST - do not lie about anything, even if you feel it may be a small thing. True Love will prevail. Like the others said, it is not going to be easy by any means...you will yearn to be with them in person etc....but it is temporary.

If you Love, Trust and Respect each other...you will both be better than fine, you will have a lifetime of Love and Togetherness.

Werbung:
Back