• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Jury spares baby killer from place on death row

Snowbaby

A Hancock County jury convicted James Boswell on Friday of manslaughter for killing 10-month-old Alexis Nicole Nephew.

Following the verdict, defense attorney Tom Berry looked toward the jury and mouthed, "Thank you." He turned and gave a thumbs-up to Boswell's parents.

Boswell, 20, was facing capital murder, and if convicted of it he would have become the youngest person on Mississippi's death row. Instead he faces up to 20 years in prison, less the two years he's already served. Boswell will be sentenced Tuesday by Judge Jerry O. Terry.

Boswell's sister, who declined to give her name, said the verdict was bittersweet because she wanted her brother to come home.

"I'm happy that my brother is not going to die," she said. "I just want him to come home."

The baby was left in Boswell's care on March 6, 2003, at his Carroll Avenue apartment. Around 1:20 a.m., he called the Hancock County Sheriff's Department, saying the baby had stopped breathing.

The infant's mother, Archelle Perret, 31, was at work. She left the baby with her sister, who in turn left the baby with Boswell while she went out with friends, according to trial testimony.

Source

Werbung:
I believe the sister needs to take some of the blame, as she was given the responsibility of watching the child.

Honestly, 20yrs isn't enough. He took a life and deserves to be punished accordingly.
<

That is horrible, they know the baby had been mistreated (to put lightly) and they know she was in his care, so I think they sister and this man shold both take responsibility for the death as she was left in there hands to watch. Where is the justice out there????
<

Originally posted by Snowbaby@Feb 19 2005, 04:51 PM
A Hancock County jury convicted James Boswell on Friday of manslaughter for killing 10-month-old Alexis Nicole Nephew.

Following the verdict, defense attorney Tom Berry looked toward the jury and mouthed, "Thank you." He turned and gave a thumbs-up to Boswell's parents.

Boswell, 20, was facing capital murder, and if convicted of it he would have become the youngest person on Mississippi's death row. Instead he faces up to 20 years in prison, less the two years he's already served. Boswell will be sentenced Tuesday by Judge Jerry O. Terry.

Boswell's sister, who declined to give her name, said the verdict was bittersweet because she wanted her brother to come home.

"I'm happy that my brother is not going to die," she said. "I just want him to come home."

The baby was left in Boswell's care on March 6, 2003, at his Carroll Avenue apartment. Around 1:20 a.m., he called the Hancock County Sheriff's Department, saying the baby had stopped breathing.

The infant's mother, Archelle Perret, 31, was at work. She left the baby with her sister, who in turn left the baby with Boswell while she went out with friends, according to trial testimony.

Source
This was my niece that was killed.. she did not deserve this and James Boswell should be sentenced to the death penalty!

Heya britnalexis. I'm so sorry for ur tragic loss. My thoughts go out your family.

I would have to agree with you, in my opinion, justice hasn't really been sought here
<

12 years later as James wife and mother to his child and he is also fathering my other two children he is a changed man I don't know what happened that day and never will know for sure but god forgives and he is a wonderful man and father

This has to be one of the most incredible experiences I have had in my life. To find a thread that is discussing an event that occurred more than a decade ago, and also find a response by the current wife of the man accused of murder on the exact same thread. I don't know if you actually are the wife of James Boswell, but you obviously created the profile just to respond to this post. I believe that god never judged so has no need to ever forgive what he has not condemned. That isn't to say that certain choices are acceptable behavior or morally correct, but it does mean that salvation is our true nature. May even the worst of men open to the source of their creation and existence.

Yes I am his wife and he is a great dad to r 3 kids I just wish people would not be so hateful there's people walking Round us all the time that have done bad things and we don't know so we don't condeme so why make his life hard when he is trying to make a fresh start in life he spent 12 years in prison can't that be enough let him enjoy life

I am Alexis nicole nephews father . The thing this man did to my daughter was horrible!! There is no way a man like this should be out of jail or more less have kids of his own!! There is not one day that I don't think of my child. She was an amazing baby at the time of the incident!! I have grown to cope with the pain and anger inside of me!! At the time I want to take justice in to my own hand, but as time has passed God has given me the strength to carry on with life. I now gave 3 more beautiful children and four ( step children) . I do know one day he will have to answer the lord upstairs. I LOVE AND MISS U MY ANGEL ABOVE. R.I.P. DADDY WILL SEE U AGAIN IN THE GOLDEN MEADOWS OF HEAVEN!!!

Werbung:

Source
I'm not a fan of the death penalty because I don't believe you solve murder with murder. I think he should be in prison for life. The sister was very irresponsible for leaving the baby with someone else when she should have been watching the baby. I think the sister deserves some jail time.

Back