• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

is 50 kg too low?

Princess Pyro

i have recently decided to lose some weight. i have decided i want to be between 50-55kg. two friends of mine think this is too low as i am about 160cm (about 5ft 4) tall. is this too low? :umm:

Werbung:
Before I had kids I was 57kg's at 5ft 8.

It depends on your build, but 50 to 55 sounds fine.

Good luck in loosing the weight, I'm a a medication now which one of the side effects seems to be holding on the weight. I walk most days for 45 mins to an hour up steep hills etc and haven't lost anything
<

I know I'm getting fitter, and my hips are slimmer and they say muscle way's more then fat so I keep telling it's ok.

If you're curious, then your body mass index (BMI) gives an indication whether you're at a healthy weight for your height.

There are calculators on the internet (just search for bmi+calculator).
To do it manually, for metric it's your weight in kg divided by your height in metres squared. It's a different calculation for imperial but I couldn't find it.

If the number you get is:
Below 18.5, Underweight.
18.5 – 24.9, Normal.
25.0 – 29.9, Overweight.
30.0 and Above, Obese

A table for imperial can be found here

<

Yay, I weighted myself the other day and have lost 4 kilos. All the walking has paid off, I hope I can continue to lose more now.
<
<

BTW... love the new smilies.

Fantastic!!! Just make sure you are both eating properly though, you hear? Or else you will have snowy to deal with
<

Congrats to the both of you!

Hah, yes you will also have Potty to deal with if you aren't eating properly *shakes fist menacingly*
<

yeah it is easy to get carried away when you are dieting
<

The better you eat whilst dieting the easier it is to keep it off afterwards because you should be eating the same when you reach your goal weight
I have lost over 3 and half stone wanna go another half tho yet by september it getting harder now im getting near goal weight
<

Originally posted by Princess Pyro@Mar 30 2005, 12:45 PM
i have recently decided to lose some weight. i have decided i want to be between 50-55kg. two friends of mine think this is too low as i am about 160cm (about 5ft 4) tall. is this too low? :umm:
call me stupid but how many pounds is that
<

Werbung:
Back