• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

If A Man Used Coupons...

Dreek Lass

A lot of women like dates to be perfect. Sometimes dates are less about the man, and more about making the woman feel swept off of her feel, or special. But I have heard stories from a few of my girlfriends about dating experiences, where their potential suitor pulled out coupons to pay for a few things.

My friends told me that it was both embarrassing for them, and a major turn off, and that they wanted to leave as soon as the incidents happened, but they suffered through the rest of the first date.

My opinion on it, is that is is pretty unattractive, and especially for a very first date. I am not sure why I have such a problem with it though, but I do. What would you do in this situation?

Werbung:
Well... of course it's more convenient to date somebody who doesn't have to use coupons, but if I was already attracted to the man, it wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm a poor student and I love discounts, so I understand people who like them too:)
As for ideal first date, for me it could be as well a walk in the park, an expensive restaurant isn't the best way to woo me. The money that the man spends on me, doesn't make me feel special. More important is how he looks at me and how he talks to me.

For a first date, I don't think it would be very attractive. I've never dealt with that.
However, I'm completely fine with going out with my boyfriend just because we have a coupon.
Savings and deals are a good sign to me. Even if it's not needed.

Werbung:
I mean, yes I agree that I would date a woman who uses coupons in general, but on the first date I would be alarmed. I don't think that I am being shallow about it either. I don't like dates for the very reason that a lot of people's desperation really comes through and it is awful to have to sit through. Both parties are usually trying to impress the other, and it is like a bad commercial, begging people to buy the product. So someone just being themself and using coupons should be refreshing to me, but it isn't. I would be offended, because that person wouldn't know what my thoughts about coupon use was, and how I would feel about it, or how I would take it, so it would come across as if they didn't care about what I thought at all. I find it more insensitive, then embarrassing. I don't find it embarrassing at all, but what if I did? The person wouldn't know that on a first date, and they still brought the coupons along and used them.

Back