• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Fda To Label Adhd Drugs For Side Effects.

Tia

The Food and Drug Administration has announced plans to print possible psychiatric side effects on the labels of drugs including Concerta and Ritalin.

The FDA said it would also investigate other drugs used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, for similar problems, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

The organization said on its Web site that it has received reports of patients experiencing hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, psychotic behavior, aggression and violent actions while using forms of methylphenidate -- the generic name for Novartis AG's Ritalin. Concerta, made by Johnson & Johnson, is a long-acting form of methylphenidate.

Link... http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_25512.html

Werbung:
I don't know how you gals feel, but I believe all medication should have a list of side effects in the box.
:umm:

Werbung:
My friend who is an ambo, always gets called out to people who are suffering weird signs.
When she questions them she often finds out they've started a new medication and what they're feeling is normal side effects.
If the information was in the box it would save a lot of wasted medical resources.

Back