• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

E . . . . . Echinacea

Snowbaby

Echinacea or purple coneflower is a North American perennial that is indigenous to the central plains where it grows on road banks, prairies, fields and in dry, open woods. It is also called snake root because it grows from a thick black root that Indians used to treat snake bites.
  • Herbalists consider Echinacea one of the best blood purifiers and an effective antibiotic.
  • It activates the body's immune system increasing the chances of fighting off any disease.
  • This popular herb has been used to help ward off the common cold and to relieve the symptoms of hay fever.
  • The Plains Indians used various species of echinacea to treat poisonous insect and snake bites, toothaches, sore throat, wounds, as well as mumps, smallpox, and measles.
  • Echinacea is considered an effective therapeutic agent in many infectious conditions including upper respiratory infections, the common cold and sinusitis.
Source

Werbung:
This was the one that my mammy made me take everyday for a week when i had a bad case bad flu. I don't know if it made a difference though.

I am growing Echinacea in our front yard. It grows wild along the roads here too. I don't like the taste of it, but the tea always makes me feel better after a bad cold or flu.

Werbung:
That sounds awesome but I do feel the need to caution one just to check out possible side-effect before taking it? Herbs are powerful and do have effects of their own...so just be as cautious as you would with pharmaceuticals.

Some you should not take if you are pregnant or have high blood pressure etc. A herbalist will know...a a thorough google search.

All in all, I do think that herbs are the way to go (jimho). Thanks for the share, my bestie is a big believer in Echinacea!

Back