• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Does your spouse/boyfriend ever talk about previous girlfriends and relationships?

We both have told each other all about our past relationships. I don't see anything wrong with that--in fact, I'd find it strange if a couple didn't do that. Wouldn't you be interested in your partner's past? In who they were with before and what they learned from those relationships? I know I would be. It wouldn't hurt me in the slightest.

Werbung:
As others stated, we were friends for a long time first, so we've each been there for the other's breakups before.

On one hand, it's great knowing all these things, but sometimes it causes insecurities. I know for me, I'm afraid of making the same mistakes some of his exes did. And I feel like sometimes he assumes that how I am now (like when we're arguing) is how I was in past ones, which means he's judging what I did previously, too. For the most part, we don't even think about it, though. And we do occasionally still tell stories of the past, but nothing frequent. I think I probably mention his exes more than he does, but that's because I remember more from them than he does, haha.

See, I'm lucky because I'm my boyfriend's first "real" girlfriend. All of his other girlfriends were not very serious relationships. Just having fun in college and casually dating and things like that. I'm the first girl he's ever lived with or entered into an adult partnership with (sharing money, bills, responsibilities, etc).

It kind of makes it obvious that I'm the top dog. :) No other girl has ever been able to catch him but me! Before me, he always said he never wanted a serious relationship and planned on being a single man all his life. I showed him! HAHA.

Werbung:
My boyfriend and I were friends a while before we dated and we mentioned our previous spouse and girlfriends/boyfriends we dated before then, but it wasn't until after we got serious that we were slightly more comfortable enough to give details. I am very private and do not feel comfortable discussing too much detail about another person or myself that is irrevelant to our relationship. I also would not want to be compared to other people, especially if the person had special qualities that I didn't have. That would not go well with me, nor would I want to do that to my boyfriend.

Back