• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you think parents should be able to choose the sex of their unborn child?

UmiNoor

I know this is not possible now but what if in the future there is such a technology and each parents can decide whether to have a girl or a boy. Do you think it's a good idea to have parents have the ability to choose the sex of their unborn child? What problems do you think will arise from this ability?

Werbung:
I really don't think it is.

The main reason is that I think it messes with nature a bit too much. What happens when a country like China, who has had a history of favoring one gender over the other to the extent of infanticide, gets a hold of technology that can prevent them from being chosen? It feels like it would skew the gender balance far too much.

I don't think that parent should be able to choose the sex of their children. It screws with the natural order of things. Young males in China are struggling with the relatively small pool of women.

I see no problem with it. It's already happening really, although it isn't a perfect science. They have studied sperm and have found that certain sperm make male babies and certain make female. And the ones that swim faster but die sooner make a certain sex ( I think it's male but I could be wrong), while the ones that swim slower but live longer make the other. So, knowing this, a couple can help push the odds in their favor of having the sex they want by what time they make love compared to when she ovulates.

For example, if they waited to have sex until the day she ovulated, she would be more likely to have a male child due to the faster swimmers reaching the egg first. But if they had sex a day or two before she ovulated, the fast swimmers would die off and the slow--yet long living--sperm would make it to the egg and make a female.

Don't quote me on that because like I said, I might be mixing up which sex is which. My point is, there is always a way to bend nature in our favor.

I see no problem with it. It's already happening really, although it isn't a perfect science. They have studied sperm and have found that certain sperm make male babies and certain make female. And the ones that swim faster but die sooner make a certain sex ( I think it's male but I could be wrong), while the ones that swim slower but live longer make the other. So, knowing this, a couple can help push the odds in their favor of having the sex they want by what time they make love compared to when she ovulates.

For example, if they waited to have sex until the day she ovulated, she would be more likely to have a male child due to the faster swimmers reaching the egg first. But if they had sex a day or two before she ovulated, the fast swimmers would die off and the slow--yet long living--sperm would make it to the egg and make a female.

Don't quote me on that because like I said, I might be mixing up which sex is which. My point is, there is always a way to bend nature in our favor.
That is interesting. But it's still a hit and miss because it's not a perfect science yet like you've mentioned. But if it's perfected one day which I think some scientists may be working on, then we'll see parents having the ability to choose whether to have a boy or a girl.

I would think there would be a pretty equal mix of parents wanting boys and girls. I say this as someone who's watched many of my friends have children and it seemed like some of them wanted boys, some girls... It probably depends on the culture if boys would be favored over girls to the point where it causes a problem in the society. In America, boys are not favored over girls at all.

I'm not sure about it... On one hand it would be pretty convenient but I'd be scared of messing with nature so much. I know right now I'd prefer to have a son rather than a daughter but I'm sure I'd love a girl exactly as much as I'd love a boy:)

I'm not sure about it... On one hand it would be pretty convenient but I'd be scared of messing with nature so much. I know right now I'd prefer to have a son rather than a daughter but I'm sure I'd love a girl exactly as much as I'd love a boy:)
That is the most popular gender for most parents; boys. I guess previously it's because boys have more opportunities to excel in life. Girls are just raised to become homemakers. But nowadays, both boys and girls can become successful in whatever endeavor they've chosen for themselves so there's not much difference between a boy or a girl. Both have equal opportunities.

That is the most popular gender for most parents; boys. I guess previously it's because boys have more opportunities to excel in life. Girls are just raised to become homemakers. But nowadays, both boys and girls can become successful in whatever endeavor they've chosen for themselves so there's not much difference between a boy or a girl. Both have equal opportunities.

Of course, in my country boys and girls have equal opportunities, I wasn't thinking about it at all. I would prefer to have a son because I find little boys so adorable and in general I get along better with boys;) . I'm sure my daughter would steel my cosmetics and high heels:p . Also, buying lovely dresses for her instead for me wouldn't be too much fun:p

Of course, in my country boys and girls have equal opportunities, I wasn't thinking about it at all. I would prefer to have a son because I find little boys so adorable and in general I get along better with boys;) . I'm sure my daughter would steel my cosmetics and high heels:p . Also, buying lovely dresses for her instead for me wouldn't be too much fun:p
I don't have any boys so I can't really share what I know about raising boys. But from what I've observed of my sisters' sons and my friends' sons, boys can be quite a handful. Girls are easier to take care of. They're more obedient and will listen to their parents more. This is what I've observed of my sisters' and friends' children. And girls have a tendency to remain close with their mothers even when they're all grown up.

I don't have any boys so I can't really share what I know about raising boys. But from what I've observed of my sisters' sons and my friends' sons, boys can be quite a handful. Girls are easier to take care of. They're more obedient and will listen to their parents more. This is what I've observed of my sisters' and friends' children. And girls have a tendency to remain close with their mothers even when they're all grown up.

Well, if I'll have a daughter, there is a big chance she'll be like me - and it means she'll be very rebellious:p
I think there are no rules - sometimes boys are easier to take care of, sometimes girls are. If you'll raise them wisely and with love, they'll remain close with you when they'll become adults anyway. Gender isn't so important.

Werbung:
No, I dont. I dont think thats natural. Pregnancy and birth is suppose to be pure natural joy, something you created, and I dont think you should be able to genetically alter that for yourself.

Back