• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can Men and Women be "Just Friends"

I think they can be. Some of my best friends are boys. My husband is also friends with them. Sometimes we go out as a group, sometimes just he and the guys go out , sometimes just me and the guys. We trust each other so it works out.

Werbung:
It is definitely possible for men and women to just be friends. I have plenty of guys friends (which I've never dated or done anything with).
Some people, however, can't seem to not cross that boundary (and sleep with all of their guy friends).
It depends on the person, I suppose, but it's definitely possible.

I think it does help if your significant other is also friends with your friends of the opposite sex. Because he not only trusts you, but he trusts them as well.

I agree with you 100%. I have plenty of male friends, and the majority of them wanted more than friendship. It will start off as them acting as if they don't want anything from me just friendship but as time ensues they began to show their true colors. It can be frustrating; I don't like to be with the person that I have considered my friend so when I inform them of my feelings, they no longer want to be friends. It's flattering that they are interested but it's also frustrated because some of these men were really great friends. So, I don't think that men and women can be friends without one of them liking the other.

I definitely think it is possible. My best friend throughout high school was a male and we were only friends. It was nice because we could get opinions on what the opposite sex was possibly thinking. After we both got married we lost touch though. I wish we were still close, but I know life happens and people change. To have friends of the opposite sex you don't have to be friends with benefits.

I think it is very possible. I have been friends with a couple of guys for about 20 years now. We are really close friends and no we never had anything more then a good friendship.

I could also be friends with an ex if they were not so bitter or as long as they do not have anything against the idea. I don't hold grudges so if we can be friends that is cool. Granted we don't talk anymore (mainly because he got himself into some things like heavy drinking), but one of my exs and I got along better as friends then we did in a relationship.

My honey gets along with women and it doesn't bother me that he has friends that are women. Granted he doesn't see many of them because as they grew up, some moved across the country. But if they came out to visit, I would have no problem with him hanging out with them. It is all about trust.

I'd say it's definitely possible, I have a group of guy friends who I'm very close to and my boyfriend has girl friends who he's close to and neither of us is threatened by it. I will say however if it's dealing with an ex who they're now friends with it does tend to be different and I think it all depends on how things ended. If it was a mutual "we're not working as a couple, we're better as friends" then there's no problem there but if one of them has any resentment or feelings then it doesn't work.

Does your mate have friends of the apposite sex? Personally, I do not think it is possible for a man and woman to be "just friends". In most cases, they dated in the past and it didn't work out, or one of them still has feelings for the other. I have never had a male that wanted to just be platonic friends with me, they always wanted something else.

So, what say you? Do you think it is possible for men and women to be strictly platonic friends without either of them having lustful feelings for the other (either in the past or currently)?

It is possible. Usually, it may not really work out with an ex, but I think that even emotionally it cannot work out with a friend of the opposite sex that you have never dated (unless of course the guy is gay). Otherwise, it can harbor jealousy from your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. I am not really a jealous, but I would not be comfortable with my boyfriend being alone even with a person he never dated, especially if the person is attractive.

He is the same way about me. Good men with good track records of being trustworthy have approached me but ended up being attracted to me. My boyfriend could see it from afar. I guess it is some sort of radar men have with one another too. So I usually just avoid being too close or allowing another man near me, unless it is business-related,mand even then it is in public. Though I have seen platonic relationships happen between opposite sex but they are rare occasions.

Werbung:
Is it possible to be friends with a person of the opposite sex? In my opinion it's a yes. The trick I think is having friends that you like and respect intellectually. I find that I view them more asexually so I don't get attracted to them in a way that I may want a romantic relationship with them. I like discussing different topics with them or working with them but if you see their brain more than their body or personality then you are safe from romantic inclinations.

Back