• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can Men and Women be "Just Friends"

lp011

Does your mate have friends of the apposite sex? Personally, I do not think it is possible for a man and woman to be "just friends". In most cases, they dated in the past and it didn't work out, or one of them still has feelings for the other. I have never had a male that wanted to just be platonic friends with me, they always wanted something else.

So, what say you? Do you think it is possible for men and women to be strictly platonic friends without either of them having lustful feelings for the other (either in the past or currently)?

Werbung:
Are you asking if is it possible to be friend with your ex?

My answer is "NO". The truth is it will be hard to accept for us when he already found a new love on his life. I am speaking based on my own experience. Jealousy is a human nature and even if our feelings already faded for him, the thought that someone will take in our place is painful.

I think it's possible for a woman and a man to just be friends. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or full of myself, but I'm pretty sure all of my guy friends have had feelings for me at some point or another. I think even my girl friends have had attraction for me. I think that most friendships are formed when someone admires several qualities in another person and wants to befriend them. Friendship is a whole different type of relationship than a romantic one, and I believe that guys sometimes understand this and appreciate the value of friendship.

I'm quite confused with the first and second statement.

First point, it is actually possible to be friends with men and women. For instance me and my office mate who's happens to be a guy are friends, nothing more nothing less.

Second point, for an ext be a friend, could be but not most of the times. Those who say the're friends are those who feel that there's some feelings left that can still be FIXED, so by being friends, it gives them a high possibility that it could happen once again.

Lastly, It doesn't matter if they still want to be friends with each other and as long as no one is being hurt, then nothing is wrong with what they're doing.

I'm a girl and most of my friends are guys which I think proves that it can be done without anyone falling in love (or lust) with anybody else. Like chocobun said, friendship is based off of admiring the qualities another person has. To me that goes beyond identifiable groups and I don't see why gender has to be the deciding factor.

As for being friends with your ex, while there are some situations where it might work I don't think it's workable in the long run. Too much baggage for it to work in my opinion. The couple always seems to either end up back together or miserable.

Are you asking if is it possible to be friend with your ex?

My answer is "NO". The truth is it will be hard to accept for us when he already found a new love on his life. I am speaking based on my own experience. Jealousy is a human nature and even if our feelings already faded for him, the thought that someone will take in our place is painful.
Me and my ex broke up but a week or two later we decided to be friends again.

Anyway, it is very possible to be "just friends" because almost all of my friends are guys.

I could say that it is very possible for a man and woman to be just friends. I have a lot of guy friends and they are my friends and classmates since grade school years. They are my childhood friends and we also have some other "girl" friends in our group of friends. And I think it was just normal here for opposite sexes to be just friends specially for "groups" friendships.

I would say it is possible for a man and woman to be just friends if there is no past relationship between them or no strong connection between them such as one liking the other or both liking one another. I met a guy a few years ago whom I have become really good friends with, not long after we met we had feelings for one another which caused problems and we fell out for a while we have since been back friends for just over 2 years and things haven't been the same since, we still have a laugh and tell one another things but our friendship isn't as it used to be.

I was once told by a man, that if a man is interested in being your friend, he is also interested in you sexually. He claimed a man wouldn't waste his time with a women, unless he thought he may have some chance of sleeping with her eventually. I personally think women are wired differently. We just want to be friends with everyone lol.

I think it's possible to be just friends. Think of it the other way around; gay people befriend their own sex as well, and they aren't interested in dating all of them. I think sexual attraction between friends is also very possible, it's the choices you make and the psychological way you handle it that determine if you take the step to become more intimate or stay 'just friends'.

I have one male friend that has always been and always will be just a friend. I don't think men and women can have a lot of friends like that though. There's always some point in the friendship where it crosses one of their minds. Especially when you're committed to someone, it's a dangerous road.

It's very possible to be just friends with guys. My major is mostly guys with only a few girls so pretty much most of my friends are guys. We've always been just friends since our freshman year and now we are seniors. I even got married and it's still the same relationship with these same guys.

It is COMPLETELY possible for men and women to just be friends. Most of my friends are men, I have very few female friends I haven't dated one of my male friends.

I think it is possible for a man and woman to be just friends, but I don't think a relationship like that is healthy for a marriage or even a committed relationship. The other person in the relationship is likely to get jealous if her or his spouse has such a friend (unless the friend is a friend of both.) Of course every situation is different, and people are different in how they react to certain situations. So it may be fine for some and unacceptable for others.

Werbung:
I think it's possible. Most of my friends are guys and most of my boyfriend's friends are women. I've never been interested in any of my guy friends sexually, but some of them have been interested in me. So even though it is possible, in my experience it seems like men do have a harder time with it than women. (Not saying that all guys are trying to do their female friends though lol)

As far as being friends with your ex...there are basically two types of exboyfriends/exgirlfriends. The person you liked, thought was cute, had a lot of fun with but it fizzled out. I think most of my relationships fall into that category. Then there is the ex you had honest to god, hardcore, romantic/sexual feelings and I don't think you can be friends with that ex without bad consequences. Even if you don't end up messing around again sexually, trying to be friends with someone you had feelings like that for is really hard emotionally and holds you back in life and in other potentional relationships.

Back