• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Breast or Bottle

In your opinion which is better?

• Breast Milk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Formula Milk

• Both

• Total voters

Snowbaby

Heya ladies,

Just out of interest, in your opinion, what do you think is best for babies?

Breast milk or formula milk? Or maybe both? Have your say! :D

Werbung:
I voted for both. I dont have any children as yet but I have nannied for a few years.

I believe that a baby gains all the good nutrients and antibodies from breast milk, and therefore my personal feeling is breast is best. However, I think formula milk is a good "next step" after breast feeding. :)

Being a mother and breast feeding both of them I'd say breast not only for the health of your child but you have the bonding process that is the best thing in this world and also it helps you get back down to size by contracting as you feed, also helps control bleeding. It hurts until you get used to it (3 to 5 days) but after that you would never know they were on, that is until they bite!!!! :eek:

But I also think there is nothing wrong with bottle feeding formula as it is as clse as breast milk as possible!!!

I voted both, as a mum of 3 I found that in babies best interest you have to be healthy and relaxed.
There's way to much guilt on women to breastfeed.
Breast when successful is a great choice, but it's not always like the movies. A lot of things can happen and I think we should support women to make the best choice for themselves.
You don't need to breastfeed to bond with a baby, bonding is created by the interaction you have with baby.

Originally posted by Tia@Dec 2 2004, 08:57 AM
You don't need to breastfeed to bond with a baby, bonding is created by the interaction you have with baby.
breastfeeding helps the bonding process very much as a mother and child bond, anyone can interact with the baby, but the comfort and soothing feeling that a baby gets from breastfeeding in the bond I'm talking about

I've still got to disagree, I've seen women breast feed without interacting with the baby. It's like hurry up and get off me kid.
Breast or bottle, it's all the same to a hungry child. You're filling the need for nourishment. With either method the baby is held close, touched and spoken to all the things needed for bonding. Comfort and soothing come from the person holding baby close.

so your telling me that when you bottle feed a child you still hold the baby in your arms as close to you as you would when breastfeeding when that child is 6 months or older.

I can understand what both of u are trying to say.

I think what Tia is trying to point out, is that babies who are bottle fed still bond naturally with the mother. That breast feeding, although is possibly best in many ways for mother/baby, is not essential to bonding or development.

But I can see ur point also anjelgirl. The closeness between a mother and baby during nursing, is something that cannot be replicated....I'd like to reprhase that part.... May not be so easily replicated.

This is a contraversal issue, and what one mother feels is right may not be what another agrees with. It's an individual opinion and choice. No one is right or wrong.

Just a lil off topic but not really. my biology teacher was saying if you suffer from swollen boobleboos to put cabbage leaves on them....it may sound dumb but we saw pictues and it works...:blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I've still got to disagree, I've seen women breast feed without interacting with the baby. It's like hurry up and get off me kid.
Breast or bottle, it's all the same to a hungry child.[/b]

I think your wrong. My parents told me that my little sister never liked to be fed from a bottle. She only liked to be breast fed. And because of that, she doesnt like any other kind of milk today. She wont drink Cow milk or Goat milk without putting chocolate in it or something. In the morning, she eats stale cereal. its really sad.

I should have said a very young baby will take either breast or bottle, it's commonly known if a child is not introduced to a bottle ( breast milk or formula ) by around 6mths of age some will refuse all other milk sources except for the breast.
I'm not saying put a baby on the bottle but just a feed now and then to get them accustomed to taking the bottle/ cup.
One of my children did that with a bottle, once he stopped the bottle he refused to take milk from any other source.

Originally posted by Tiddlyjen@Dec 9 2004, 12:04 PM
Just a lil off topic but not really. my biology teacher was saying if you suffer from swollen boobleboos to put cabbage leaves on them....it may sound dumb but we saw pictues and it works...:blink:
:lol: LAMO @ boobleboos!!!!!!! :grin:

Werbung:
Back