• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Bad shampoo ingredients

Potholer

Some Shampoos and conditioners contain a very bad ingredient called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. My Mum never buys any shampoo contatining it and always says never to becuase it's very unhealthy. I finally looked it up and -

"A recent study at the University of Georgia Medical College, indicated that SLS penetrated Into the eyes as well as brain, heart, liver, etc., and showed long-term retention in the tissues. The study also indicated that SLS penetrated young children's eyes from developing properly and caused cataracts to develop In adults.

May cause hair loss by attacking the follicle. Classified as a drug in bubble baths because It eats away skin protection and causes rashes and infection to occur.

Is potentially harmful to skin and hair. Cleans by corrosion. Dries skin by stripping the protective lipids from the surface so it can't effectively regulate moisture.

Another extremely serious problem is the connection of SLS with nitrate contamination. SLS reacts with many types of ingredients used in skin products and forms nitrosomines (nitrates). Nitrates are potential cancer-causing carcinogenics.

Because of the alarming penetrating power of SLS, large amounts of these known carcinogens are absorbed through the skin into the body. A variation of SLS is SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate- SLES). It exhibits many of the same characteristics and is a higher-foaming variation of SLS."

Look it up more if you want to but that's basicly it.

And apparently shampoos and conditioners with silicon in them are very bad as it coats your hair in silicon but doesn't fully clean your hair and seals in all the dirt. Some people have no troubles whatsoever but others have troubles such as frizzy, dry, weak hair.

I'm not so sure about the silicon but definitely avoid the Sodium lauryl Sulfate

<

Potholer

Werbung:
could it cause greasy hair cause i use all different shampoos and conditioners
but im lucky when my hair is straight after i dry it
<
<

No, I'm guessing it can't cause greasiness. It does the exact opposite - strips the oils from your hair, thereby making it frizzy.

I'm not sure if I interpreted your reply correctly?

Jeepers, I just found out that Cetaphil also has Sodium Lauryl Sulphate in it. So, now I have to use a different face wash...

I just checked....I have it in my shampoo....i'm going to have to wait until we run out (soon yes!) so I can go to the store and get something with out it...I use LONG AND STRONG Garnier Fructis....da*n so close too....
<
<

EDIT:
Is that why when I comb my hair when I get out of the shower and wait awhile the roots in my part always get dry and itchy?!? I will so make sure I dont buy that type of shampoo ever again!!!

Werbung:
I got a new shampoo, its Thermasilk, not sure if you have it in y our countries...but yea well I'm gonna go take a bath and when I'm done I'll write the results in bold
<
{my stepdad doesnt believe in the things but I do...
<
}

EDIT: results of Thermasilk...it felt great in my hair when I was washing it, and when even now, not too tight around the roots like when I usually have it up in a bun (thats how I'm wearing it right now) but if hair dryers friz your hair like mine you might not want to blow dry it, tomorrow I will use it but NOT blow dry it and it italics I will explain how my hair feels

Back