Baby massage has been proven to be beneficial to both the baby and to the parent(s). Some of these are listed below:
- Massage stimulates
- relaxes your baby
- It can enhance the bonding process
- Babies sleep better and soothe easier
- Infants who are massaged regularly are more alert and sociable when awake
- They tend to do more 'vocalizing' or 'baby chatting'
- It enhances their positive feelings about their bodies
- Massage helps with relief of colic and digestive problems
- It may help relieve discomforts of teething, congestion and emotional stress
- Eye contact is enhanced during this 'quiet' time of the day
- It helps to build trust
</span>[/b]<span style="colorurple">Massage is an excellent way of bonding and can be done by either parent.
A good time to massage your baby is after bathing or before bedtime. The room should be warm (about 25ºC approx).
For more information, visit Discovery Channel