• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Advice to Younger Teens.

bethanyparkin

I thought it'd be nice for older members could give advice to younger members, as I'd love to be able to speak to my younger self.
My first piece of advice to young teens is SAVE YOUR VIRGINITY. Seriously, It's better to be a virgin that to have lost it to someone who doesn't matter. I lost mine to someone I didn't love, and I've regretted it ever since.
More advice would be not to wear your heart on your sleeve, you will get hurt. Don't put all your eggs in one basket - make loads of friends in different groups, join clubs and make hobbies, don't narrow your options for the future.
Also, do whatever makes you happy, ignore anyone else's input. You're the only person you have to look after, so make yourself happy.

Werbung:
This is some great advice. I agree with not losing your virginity young. Do not give into peer pressure. And yes, be yourself.
Also, keep good communication with your parents.

Honestly, focus on school. I know if I was still a teen I'd never listen to that but god I regret it so much.

Honestly, focus on school. I know if I was still a teen I'd never listen to that but god I regret it so much.
Oh agreed, I messed about so much in highschool now I'm worried my future would be limited because I wasn't that interested in learning.

That's some good advice for the younger girls! I would like to add don't diet while you're still growing. Weight is something you can deal with later in life but height can never be gained after puberty. Unless you get a surgeon to break your legs in 4 places, become bed ridden for a year and pay $150k. Even after all that, you'll only gain 3 inches. Just don't diet and be sure to exercise lots to ensure your max. height potential is met.

When I was in middle school, there was this one girl who was in a small magazine shot. Unfortunately, it blew up her ego and she started acting in the way she perceived models to act. Especially being overly concerned about being skinny. She would diet until she was literally stick thin and put down others for being fatter than her. We went to different high schools but I bumped into her recently on the subway. She's much shorter than she was supposed to be had she not dieted. I know this because she's the same height as she was in middle school and a head and a neck shorter than her mom. She's still super thin but isn't going to be a model with a height less than 5'0.

That's some good advice for the younger girls! I would like to add don't diet while you're still growing. Weight is something you can deal with later in life but height can never be gained after puberty. Unless you get a surgeon to break your legs in 4 places, become bed ridden for a year and pay $150k. Even after all that, you'll only gain 3 inches. Just don't diet and be sure to exercise lots to ensure your max. height potential is met.

When I was in middle school, there was this one girl who was in a small magazine shot. Unfortunately, it blew up her ego and she started acting in the way she perceived models to act. Especially being overly concerned about being skinny. She would diet until she was literally stick thin and put down others for being fatter than her. We went to different high schools but I bumped into her recently on the subway. She's much shorter than she was supposed to be had she not dieted. I know this because she's the same height as she was in middle school and a head and a neck shorter than her mom. She's still super thin but isn't going to be a model with a height less than 5'0.

I like this advice considering girls seem to be obsessed with their figure and weights lately, and I find it unnecessary and ridiculous.

I'd say, my biggest advise would have to be....
If you're nerdy, be nerdy.
If you're a bigger girl, do what you can to lose weight but never listen to anything mean other girls say.
If you wear glasses, wear them with pride.
If you like someone that no one else likes, don't let that stop you from being with them.
Be yourself, because the girls who are mean to you in high school end up being the ones that are most unhappy later in life.

Stay virgin until marry can be harder for young girls, but a must because men can say they don't care about, that such thing is a "granny's matter" but now matter how modern is a man's mind, he will always pay attention to a woman's virginity when seeking a serious relationship and marry.

My own advice for our teen girls is STAY AWAY from alcohol. Social drinking is the worst thing that you can do in youth because your body will need more and more alcohol every day to feel the excitement you felt the first time and you may eventually fall in alcohol abuse and even alcohol addiction, which can be a contributing factor to infertility and early menopause, among other health issues.

Of course, you can drink once you are in age to drink, but keep it really social, you don't really need more than one or two drinks from time to time, not on a daily basis.

Werbung:
Its really best to preserve virginity, but if in any case you have lost it already; my advice: never feel sorry for in the first place, a first time should always be enjoyed. I'm not saying this in a very sarcastic manner but I'm saying this for us not to feel in any way guilty of an act we've already done.

First time is first time, we always learn form the first mistake (only if you think it's a mistake). Just be happy happy always and as much as possible prevent yourself form regretting things; it will only make your life miserable.

Back