• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

A Little Less Greed..

thistle

So this poem came to light after my granny's death, she had a little notebook that she used to jot down her thoughts in and this poem was in there........at first we thought maybe she had written it but after looking it up on google and finding so many results come up I had to tell everyone that it was more likely that she had just seen it and loved it so much that she copied it down . Whether she wrote it or not is irrelevant, this poem was read at her funeral and sums up everything that my granny stood for and why my memories are so good.....

A little more kindness
and a little less creed,

A little more giving
and a little less greed.

A little more smile
and a little less frown,

A little less kicking
when a man is down.

A little more "we"
and a little less "I",

A little more laugh
and a little less cry.

A little more flowers
on the pathway of life,

And fewer on graves
at the end of our lives

~Anon

The message is simple......be nice to people when they are alive to appreciate it. I for one am glad to have had a role model in my life that not only preached but practiced what she thought and I will always love her for that.

All my love Gran xxxxxxxxx

Werbung:
I love that poem Thisty. Thanks for sharing it
<

Thats a really pretty poem sweety. The message is definately very important, how easily we can forget in amongst our day to day existance.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
<

Werbung:
Back