• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Would you be with your spouse if he/she lied all the time?

angelle

I have many issues with my significant, and one of them is being a habitual liar - borderline pathological. he lies about EVERYTHING and it's come to the point where I don't want to have a conversation with him because I know he will tell at least 10 lies. The worst part about it all is that he will deny everything.

An example of one of our real conversations.

Me: Babe, what time is it?
Him: 4:01 pm
Me: Darn, I don't have a lot of time. I guess I'll just thrown on a scarf and go.
(ten minutes later I looked at the time - it read 3:53 pm)

Me: I thought you said it was 4:01 pm?
Him: What are you talking about? I never said that.

What really irritates me is when he will get caught in a lie, he'll say that he never said that. He could have said it 2 minutes ago and he'll still say he never said that. He lies about the dumbest things and I am beyond tired of it. One time he lied and said his sister had an associate's degree and his mother just got her GED and she's working as a manager now - none of that was true. His lies serves no purpose. Then he'll always tell me that he never said any of that.

How can you trust someone who never tell the truth.

Werbung:
No way, compulsive/habitual liars don't even realize how often they lie, or that they have a problem, for that matter. I'd never be able to trust a boyfriend who lied all the time. After all trust is key in a healthy relationship. :)

Werbung:
My mom is a pathological liar, almost everything she says is a lie. So yeah, I understand how frustrating it is to be with someone like that. At first it was hard getting used to the fact I didn't even know what was the real deal and what wasn't. Stressing!

That being said, there is no way I'd ever be with a pathological liar, let alone be in a relationship with one.

Best of luck to you!

Back