• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Why do people cheat?

MiszMariee

What's your opinion? What's your viewpoint on why people cheat?
For me, I believe people cheat because they are unsure of what they want. Another reason would be for attention, if you are not receiving what you feel is your fair share of time with your significant other, you will act out in order to receive what you deserve in anyway you can. Revenge is another, if you're significant other betrayed you in some way, you might cheat in order to even the score.

There are so many reasons why a person would cheat, so what's your reason?

Werbung:
I think it's because some people get bored or waver very easily but are too cowardly to break up with their partner. Either out of laziness, indecisiveness or because they don't want to "hurt" the other person. Some people also have a genetic predisposition to cheating. Men who have one or more copies of Allele 334 on the gene AVPR1A are predisposed to cheating. This gene encodes for the receptors of vasopressin, a bonding hormone. Guys with Allele 334 have shorter vasopressin receptors so they are prone to having difficulties feeling close to their mate. Researchers speculate that this behavior was once beneficial in times of war, colonization and agrarian society when humans needed to raise a big population in order to be successful.

I think people cheat because they are not contented with someone. A lot are probably having hard time to be contented. Another reason is maybe they are not really in love to their partners. Some would only enter in a relationship just to prove someone could love them, they do not want to be alone or they get benefits on such relationship.

In my opinion, because they can and they think they can get away with it. :) Or, they're unhappy but just as you said they're unsure of what they want. :) They're not sure if they'll be happier with another partner or with their current partner. :)

I think people mostly cheat because they have self esteem issues. They don't feel good about themselves, so they think someone else is going to validate them, no matter what the cost it is to their "real" relationship. It's like they can't get enough attention. Some, also are just plain addicted to the drama.

I really don't know why people cheat. I think part of the reason they cheat is because they get scared of commitment. Some people are just unhappy in their relationships and they are trying to find an outlet. I know people who have cheated because they were seeking revenge on their significant other for cheating or something of the sort.

I think only cowards and complete egoists cheat. I'm sorry but this is what I think: you have to be a coward if you decide to stay in a relationship with somebody whom you don't love and have fun with another person at the same time. My ex cheated on me so I know how it feels like and I still have some trust issues after so many years.

They get caught up in the moment.

The find themselves attracted to someone new but still love their current partner and don't know what to do.

Someone seduces them and they are horny and give in.

They aren't getting what they need at home.

There could be any number of reasons. I don't think it would be fair to say that they necessarily are staying with someone they don't love just because they are cheating. It isn't as if it's impossible to be attracted to more than one person at a time.

Werbung:
I have to agree with PamBeacher, Claudine & apple. It is a number of those reasons, depending on the individual. I just broke up with a cheater who craved my attention but my attention was not enough. People like that will cheat under your nose and be sloppy about it and will still try to hold on to their present relationship for fear of loneliness like a security blanket. Had that gut feeling for a couple of months, noticed pattern changes and found evidence. Usually cowards will not come forward when confronted about it. Instead, people like that cry & beg their loved ones not to leave and will even make it seem like its their loved one's fault. I called him a coward to his face and moved forward. Cheating behaviors are all examples of low self esteem, and they will flip the script and show their jealousy. His elderly parents are separated because his dad did the same thing, so it is also hereditary just Apple described. A generational curse that hurts everyone around them. Even when they commit to you, they still cheat.

Back