• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What's your biggest skin concern??

Katrina

I'm a beauty therapist and always interested in hearing this one, what concerns you most about your skin? Pimples/ dryness, all-round having to take care of it?!

Personally, mine is dryness and the fine lines that come with that.... especially in the cold weather (best tip?? vaseline every night over your moisturizer, won't clog skin as it just sits on top to seal in moisture:))

So I want to know what everyone else feels!

Werbung:
My biggest concern is my acne. I am in my 20s and still suffer with pretty bad break outs. I have tried everything. Right now I am trying this natural cleanser which seems to be my best product yet. I love it because it smells great and it isn't filled with nasty chemicals. I hate using harmful chemicals on my skin. I just wish my face would be clear and soft.

I could say that my biggest skin concern would be uneven skin tone. I am not fond of wearing sleeveless outdoor and so, the exposed part seem to be a bit darker than the always covered part.

I've always had a lot of trouble with my skin as it is fairly sensitive. As of late it has been hard because with the warm weather and sun it gets a little more irritated easily. Sadly, I don't get a break in winter because then it goes super dry. Eczema is the main problem, so I try to keep hydrocortisone cream on me at all times to limit an outbreak of red inflamed patches. So far over the counter strength has been successful. The other thing I have to watch out for is certain oils that people put in products for hair and skin. I am allergic to peanuts and sometimes peanut oil is strangely an ingredient in these things. I thought people had finally become cautious enough to not do this. Surprisingly these products don't always have the warning on the cover. Needless to say weeks of a scaly reptilian neck and shoulders taught me a lesson to read before you use.

My concern is skin dryness. It seems to be getting a bit drier as I get older. I am also concern about protecting my skin from the sun. As someone with a dark skin tone, I didn't protect my skin as much as I should believing that I had some built in protection.

Blackheads probably. So I guess my biggest issue would be deep cleaning. I don't get many breakouts or deal with much dryness, but I never get my skin really, really clean deep down either.

I actually have two main concerns. On my face, I hate dealing with the blackheads that I get all over my nose, my chin (WTH, why there???), & my cheekbones. Surprisingly, I don't really have to worry about acne, just blackheads.

General skin-wise, I have to worry about sensitivity. I have very sun-sensitive skin, I've been known to sunburn through clothes & in less than 10 min! Add to that the fact that I'm naturally very pale year round & I end up looking like a freshly boiled lobster just walking to the grocery store that is about 10 min away. Even wearing sunblock doesn't really help, I've tried every kind that I can get around here. Its getting to the point where I'm thinking about dressing like Rogue from X-Men year round...

I've always had a lot of trouble with my skin as it is fairly sensitive. As of late it has been hard because with the warm weather and sun it gets a little more irritated easily. Sadly, I don't get a break in winter because then it goes super dry. Eczema is the main problem, so I try to keep hydrocortisone cream on me at all times to limit an outbreak of red inflamed patches. So far over the counter strength has been successful. The other thing I have to watch out for is certain oils that people put in products for hair and skin. I am allergic to peanuts and sometimes peanut oil is strangely an ingredient in these things. I thought people had finally become cautious enough to not do this. Surprisingly these products don't always have the warning on the cover. Needless to say weeks of a scaly reptilian neck and shoulders taught me a lesson to read before you use.

We have the same problem. I have to deal with eczema as well. My dermatologist told me that it's in my genes which means that it can be induced anytime and is not curable. So I need to manage it. I also have stress induced dandruff which is just plain awful when I'm dealing with a lot of stress. My skin gets easily irritated with dust as well.

As for skin products, the only ones I use is an Olay Facial Foam because other than Cetaphil, that's the only product that doesn't make my skin itch terribly. I also use lotion but I stay clear from make up products.

Hi girls, I thought I'd ask if you guys with sensitive/eczema skin have looked into diet at all as a cause/prevention? This also relates to acne as well, I've had clients in the past who had skin concerns like this which got much better after cutting out dairy or refined carbohydrates/sugars etc.

It's very trial and error and can take a few weeks to see effect, but if you try eliminating , or severely cutting back on one thing at a time you might find a problem clearing up. Then you can use very gentle, simple products to keep your skin balanced, as it's mainly coming form within anyway.

It does take a bit of time but might be worth looking into, thought I'd mention it :)

My biggest skin concern is that I have so many skin concerns. Where can I begin?! It's extremely dry -face, hands, feet and I'm yet to find a product that actually works to alleviate this. Heaven help me if I decide to go a few hours without applying lotion. It just get white and scaly and the surprising thing is that I live in a tropical climate. Second to that is that I get random blemishes on my face. They appear out of nowhere! Oh and don't get me started on my uneven skin tone- absolutely terrible, and blackheads, wouldn't want to forget those.

I've tried various products- soaps, creams, etc and I've even been to the Doctor. All have left me with little hope.

Hey Primrose, that doesnt sound good at all. Has your doctor said anything about an allergy you may have? The white/scaly almost sounds like some sort of dermatitis and could be caused by detergent/certain materials/something in your diet.... it's hard to know? It sounds like your skin's barrier has been damaged/removed somehow and isn't working at all - hence why you can live in a tropical climate and still experience dry skin and the constant need for mositure.

Also the blackheads and blemishes will still happen as they are normally caused from within - the oil mixing with dead skin cells etc.

My first aim would be repairing your skin's barrier - perhaps experimenting with diet to see if cutting out certain things help. Using a specific barrier cream can help. Dermalogica do a good one, cant remember it's exact name, but it's like a silky gel and does work to repair your skin.

Of course, i cant see your skin and only going from what you've said, but i hope you can find a bit of help in my answer. All the best, and keep hope as there is always a cause for skin problems that can be solved, it's just a bit of experimenting to find what that is.

Find the cause while treating the symptoms.

P.s. up your intake of Vit E as well, this can help with repairing skin from the inside - supplements are an easy way to get it.

I have a mild case of psoriasis, that is present on my scalp, and a couple of small patches are present on my torso, and thighs. The nature of them means I can cover them up, but I am very conscious that they're there, and they can sometimes be very painful. As for the rest of my skin, since I'm thirty-five, I am all about preserving the elasticity of my skin, and keeping fine lines at bay. I am very fortunate that I do only have VERY fine lines, just under my eyes.

Although I'm young I also have issues with dry skin in Winter. The rest of the year my skin is fine but it really struggles to cope during those long winter months. I think heaters only make it worse. I'll try out your tip of putting vaseline over my moisturizer each night. Thanks!

Werbung:
For those with dry skin, acne, rashes, etc, look into taking Pan Acid. My skin is pretty much flawless all over my body now. My concern now is aging, which Pan Acid won't prevent.

Back