• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What's Expected on Our Anniversary?

amberra

Because I always dated jerks until recently, I've never had an anniversary. Well, I've been engaged to my fiance for almost a year now, and we're planning on celebrating our first anniversary soon.

I have no idea what's expected from the woman. I've heard both men and women say that it's the man's job to make the time special for the woman, but even if that's true I want to at least do a little something for him. I was thinking about making dinner for him - something really fancy and expensive that will take me all day (or like two days) to create, to show that I'm willing to put both time, money, and hard work into this relationship. I think it would work out, since my birthday is about two weeks before, so he could take me out on my birthday, and then I could treat him to dinner on our anniversary? I even have a menu and everything...

I guess I just want to know what you guys think. Would that be good enough, or too much, or what? And as for gifts...what the heck do I get for the guy who says, "All I want is you" anytime I ask him what he would like as a gift?!

Werbung:
I think that you should talk to him about it. Before my boyfriend and I celebrated our first anniversary, we had talked about what we want to do, so there were no surprises, but it was still very romantic and special.
As for gifts, ask him if he plans to get you one. If yes, buy him something too.
Cooking a fancy dinner for him is a wonderful idea!:D

I have heard that a lot of men expect sex on an anniversary, and that is only if they remember it lol. I don't know. I don't date guys, but from my perspective, I would make the evening as romantic as possible for my partner. I would take her to do something that she likes and make it romantic.

It is not about the platitudinous flowers and candle lit dinner. it is about knowing your partner and giving them what they want, I feel.

There's really nothing "expected" when it comes to how to celebrate an anniversary. We've always just talked and came up with something we'd both like to do. It could be a weekend trip or just out for dinner.

It's always nice to add a gift for each other if that's something you want to do. Bottom line, just something that you'll both enjoy doing whether it's something "big" or just quiet time together.

Werbung:
I would just try to do something for him that you know (or think) he would like. There is nothing actually expected of either partner on any anniversary, tho after marriage they have certain things for over so many years but that is usually if somebody throws them a party (like 25 years and 50 years of marriage.)

Do what you guys would really like, plan a special evening or weekend together and you can throw in a little surprise too. That is what I would do anyway.

Back