• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

TV Shows, Books, or Movies that made you cry?

Lugia

There's lots of emotional moments in TV that can really move us, so you can talk about them here! Just be careful and give us a warning if it's because of something that could spoil a TV series or ruin a movie! :)

Many moments in Doctor Who made me cry, such as when Rose got sucked into that parallel world and could never see the Doctor again, and his final message to her ended before he got to say goodbye; or perhaps when the Master died in the Doctor's arms.

Werbung:
In descending order: Click, Never Let Me Go, 127 Hours (although this film has inspired me much more than the other 3 did), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. :oops:

Titanic came out when I was in 8th grade and I literally cried for about an hour on the way home from the movie! lol...

I cried a little at the end of Cowboy Bebop...

I cried a little bit when I watched the Time Traveler's Wife but the movie is no where near as good as the book...I cried like a baby when I read the book.

ET made me cry - even before I saw it! i was only 4 years old when it was released and went with my mum and brother to see it at the cinema. The queue was massive and we didn't make it in to the theatre, so I cried about that! But we waited in town for the next showing and got into that one - I cried my eyes out at the end of the film and always do whenever I see it.

Prince of Egypt even it was an animated movie had made me cry. :)
I also remember a cartoon TV show before that had made me cry. It was "Mga Pangarap ni Romeo" or "Hopes of Romeo" in English.

There's only one movie that I've ever really cried in and that is Ladder 49. It's so strange because every time I see it, I still cry at the end.

I have seen a very touching movie when I was in my early teens. I think if I remember it right, the movie title was "The Never-ending Story". I was touched by the story of a child who gets to lose one of his childhood memories just to save the people he loves. I remember it was a fantasy story, and I surely want to see it once again.

I can't think of anything recently, but when I was a child ET and King Kong movies made me cry as did a book called Gobbolino the Witch's Cat lol

I do not cry easily but there was a book I read many years ago called 'A Crack In Forever'...oh my word, that book made me bawl my eyes out -->twice. I then recommended it to friends of mine, and both were kind of bad asses who do not cry types....and they cried! Lol. That book is beautiful, beautiful and beautiful.

A movie that made me cry was Schindler's List. It broke every cell in my heart. When I see humanity being hurt, I cannot help but cry. I cry for them, for me, for life...

It is SO cleansing and better than a session with a therapist, lol, cheaper too.

Up, the animated movie, and A Walk to Remember, the book, made me cry. I don't cry easily but these two tugged at my heart and touched me :) I was able to relate to Up because of the "letting go" scene. I loved it that Carl Fredricksen let go of the house just so he could save his friends, even if that house stores a lot of his wife's memories.

On the other hand, A Walk to remember, the book, made me cry in a lot of scenes particularly when Landon talked to Jamie's father asking for his permission to date Jamie. That was a tearjerker.

I cry so easily. Just show me a movie with abandoned children, unrequited love, abused wives and love lost and found and I would surely cry. In other words all romantic comedies will make me cry. I even cried at the end of the movie Abducted which is an action movie just because the father had to leave his son and Abducted is an action movie!

Many moments in Doctor Who made me cry, such as when Rose got sucked into that parallel world and could never see the Doctor again, and his final message to her ended before he got to say goodbye; or perhaps when the Master died in the Doctor's arms.

The Waters of Mars was the worst for me... Like the whole episode was a rough ride... saying good bye to Tennant was horrible and when he said good bye to Sylvia and Wilf but knew Donna couldn't remember him :( but the Waters of Mars was worse.

Lots of movies make me cry... Dead Poets Society, What Dreams May Come, Swing Kids, Harry Potter and the... Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows 1 & 2... I couldn't even see the screen at the end of the first part of Deathly Hallows I was crying so hard!

That's one thing for me with seeing a movie over reading a book. I don't think a book has ever made me cry ... super sad but not actually cry ... because the sad stuff comes too slowly and it gives you time to absorb it as you read but in a movie it's just BOOM someone's dead and you get to deal with it right there with the characters.

The first time I cried watching a movie was when I watched "The Joy Luck Club". Being Asian, I related to one of the characters. And mind you, I don't normally cry watching movies or shows.

Usually, movies don't make me cry but there are a few exceptions. I was crying while watching Love Story for the first time because it's such a sad movie - and very beautiful at the same time. One of the episodes of Gilmore Girls was quite moving too: the one when Dean left Rory and Rory was pretending that she is okay but in the end she said: 'I'm ready to wallow'. To me, it was very sad.

Werbung:
I have actually never cried during a show, movie, or book. It used to really bother me, too, because it seemed like every other chick out there, cried at so many of them. It's not necessarily that I wanted to cry at them all or be like that, but it was also somewhat disturbing that I never felt that kind of emotion with a fictional story.

Back