• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Transparent Relationship

Doll Leviste

Do you think it is better to be in a relationship which is transparent? A relationship that is honest? Somehow, I think a little bit of secrets would be fine. Anyhow, there are times there are information you don't want to know. Truths that may hurt you and difficult to accept despite all honesty. :3

What do you think?

Werbung:
I'd prefer to be in an honest relationship, if there's secrets then your partner doesn't appreciate or respect you enough to open up to you, it'd hurt more in the long run to have hidden something from someone you're meant to love.

I'd prefer to be in an honest relationship, if there's secrets then your partner doesn't appreciate or respect you enough to open up to you, it'd hurt more in the long run to have hidden something from someone you're meant to love.
Sometimes, I think there are some bits of truth that shouldn't be told if it'll only bring complications. Minor things but can grow into super issues from the other party's point of view. You just don't know how the other party will take the truth. =.= Minor issues made into major issues. o.o

for me, there are things better left unsaid. as a person, there are some piece of information that you would want to keep to yourself to avoild complications.
True, there are things that are better left unsaid and there are truth you wish you never knew or better off not knowing.. :)

I think it's best to have a relationship that's as transparent as possible. Especially if you're dating seriously or with marriage in mind since you intend to share your future life with that person. It's ok to keep some secrets as long as it's completely not relevant to relationships in general and are not brought up often. Like a bad childhood memory. Otherwise, it will foster paranoia.

I always think that honesty is the best policy. I know it feels like if you are in a transparent relationship then there is no element of surprise, but in a serious and committed relationship, why should there be? If you are serious about sharing your life with someone, then they should have the privilege to get to know you inside and out. If they cannot accept you for that then that tells you something else about the relationship.

I think it's best to have a relationship that's as transparent as possible. Especially if you're dating seriously or with marriage in mind since you intend to share your future life with that person. It's ok to keep some secrets as long as it's completely not relevant to relationships in general and are not brought up often. Like a bad childhood memory. Otherwise, it will foster paranoia.
True, if something isn't going to help build a relationship then it is better left unsaid or untold. It is not dishonesty, it is just... Privacy. :) There are times that there are some information that are better off kept than exposed if it isn't going to benefit anyone or build up a relationship. :p

I always think that honesty is the best policy. I know it feels like if you are in a transparent relationship then there is no element of surprise, but in a serious and committed relationship, why should there be? If you are serious about sharing your life with someone, then they should have the privilege to get to know you inside and out. If they cannot accept you for that then that tells you something else about the relationship.
If it is the best policy... How come people prefer to tell lies than be honest? Because there are some things that are better left untold or unsaid especially if what you're going to say is not going to help build up a relationship. ^^ Now, I'm starting to wonder if anyone has ever been COMPLETELY honest with their partner? :)

True, if something isn't going to help build a relationship then it is better left unsaid or untold. It is not dishonesty, it is just... Privacy. :) There are times that there are some information that are better off kept than exposed if it isn't going to benefit anyone or build up a relationship. :p

If it is the best policy... How come people prefer to tell lies than be honest? Because there are some things that are better left untold or unsaid especially if what you're going to say is not going to help build up a relationship. ^^ Now, I'm starting to wonder if anyone has ever been COMPLETELY honest with their partner? :)

When people prefer to lie, that is their prerogative. Personally, I wouldn't want to build a relationship based on lies. I don't think anyone has ever been completely honest with their partner, though. LOL.

Werbung:
I've already posted here but would like to clarify my opinion. I don't think people should outright lie in relationships. If you have something in your past that is already buried deep for many years, it's ok not to reveal it unless your partner asks about. If he finds out you lied, that totally irrelevant thing becomes something big. He'll be badgering you about why you lied and why couldn't you trust him enough to tell him in the first place. Or if you don't tell him, he's going to think it's something bad if you're so adamant about hiding it. If you tell him and he reacts badly about the incident itself then maybe he's not the one. I have a friend who told her BF about her plastic surgery after he asked if she ever got anything done. He reacted so badly and dumped her; talking a bunch of smack about her and how he couldn't be with someone so fake or else his kids will turn out ugly. If she lied about it, she wouldn't have dodged that bullet. Plus, it would be a lot worse if she lied and he found out after they were already married with kids.

Even little white lies can have their consequences. Ex. A friend asks if you think they look fat in a certain dress. You think yes but say no because you don't want to hurt her feelings. While you may have spared her feelings, you let her go out in the world looking like crap. If she finds out, how would she feel? She trusted you to give an opinion and you didn't deliver. She's going to feel disappointed and trust you a bit less. Worse, she might think you did it on purpose with bad intentions.

Back