• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Tim Henman

fastchaz36

Tim scraped through to get to the second round of Wimbeldon, while Scottish newcomer Andrew Murray breezed through his Grand Slam debut.
H ehad a three and a half hour match against Finland’s Jarkko Nieminen.
He had the fans stunned as he lost the first two sets

His fans were on an emotional rollercoaster as it looked like the four-time semi-finalist was going out in the first round something he has not done at Wimbledon since he was a wildcard in 1994.

Henman struggled back to win the third against the world number 70 and the crestfallen Centre Court audience gradually came to life.

Suddenly the Union Jacks were being waved, there were chants of “Henman, Henman” and cries of “Come on, tiger”.

He finally took the fifth set to win the game 3-6 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 7-5 6-2, the crowd erupted with relieved cheers and applause and gave their hero a standing ovation.

He was watched by his wife Lucy and parents Jane and Tony, admitted it had been “touch and go” for a long time, describing his game as “ordinary at best”.

“I was really struggling with all aspects of my game,” he said.

“I was not playing well, but I was flat with my attitude and my body language on court.”
SOURCE

Werbung:
Back