• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Things you do after a bad breakup?

Doll Leviste

Can you still remember what you did when you had a bad heartbreak? Me, as much as possible I make major changes. If we used to hangout at certain places before, I'll discover new places that doesn't resemble or make me remember of the old times. I won't hang out at the same websites we hanged out, games that we both played and interests that we both shared. I challenge myself to changing everything that has become a routine for both of us. :) Just so I won't be triggered to reminisce and then hurt. :) I accept the situation, cry my heart out for one whole night then feel better the next day. How about you?

Werbung:
Me and my boy broke up for a month, and I couldn't leave him alone, I was distraught. Genuinely.
I spent all day with my friends - distractions helped. But all night I sat crying.
Eventually he came back to me, because he loves me.
If you want him - fight for him, but if you just want to get over him, cut him out of your life entirely and distract yourself as much as you can x

If it is the first day, I cried myself to sleep and then feel a bit better on the next day. Next, I would go out with some good friends, eat my heart out, laugh maybe get tipsy. Basically, just be happy and not think for awhile.

Me and my boy broke up for a month, and I couldn't leave him alone, I was distraught. Genuinely.
I spent all day with my friends - distractions helped. But all night I sat crying.
Eventually he came back to me, because he loves me.
If you want him - fight for him, but if you just want to get over him, cut him out of your life entirely and distract yourself as much as you can x
Well, this was how things were before he developed a cheating heart. :p We would patch things up as we loved each other, however, the last one was pretty serious. He seems to be extremely satisfied with his current girl and I'm happy for him. ^^ I am moving on with my own life as well, hurting less whenever I remember what used to be. :3 I am basically much happier now.

If it is the first day, I cried myself to sleep and then feel a bit better on the next day. Next, I would go out with some good friends, eat my heart out, laugh maybe get tipsy. Basically, just be happy and not think for awhile.

Friends really help in the process of letting go and moving on. :) The only problem is, you can't be with your friends 24/7 so there are times that I would feel alone when that happens and memories suddenly pops out of nowhere. :p

Well, this was how things were before he developed a cheating heart. :p We would patch things up as we loved each other, however, the last one was pretty serious. He seems to be extremely satisfied with his current girl and I'm happy for him. ^^ I am moving on with my own life as well, hurting less whenever I remember what used to be. :3 I am basically much happier now.

Friends really help in the process of letting go and moving on. :) The only problem is, you can't be with your friends 24/7 so there are times that I would feel alone when that happens and memories suddenly pops out of nowhere. :p

Yes, it is true that your friends are not with you 24/7. In my case, my sister was very supportive and was with me while I was going through the heartache. She makes sure that I will not have the opportunity because when I do, I cry because I was already thinking about the breakup.

I'm really glad you're happier now. It seems it's for the best then :)

Well, this is a hard question as I haven't had a break-up yet. :D
I suggest beating him up? Nah, just kidding. Talk to relatives. Cry. Eat ice cream and chocolate. Then go get a make-over!

I'd cry and cry until I'm tired crying. I go out with friends and eat out, go home and cry again. I talk to my sister in tears until I could sleep because my eyes are tired crying. This I do for months till I'm tired feeling the pain and move on.

Well, this is a hard question as I haven't had a break-up yet. :D
I suggest beating him up? Nah, just kidding. Talk to relatives. Cry. Eat ice cream and chocolate. Then go get a make-over!
beating him up sounds good :D I like the idea. hahaha just kidding.. :D

When I see that we are just not going to make it, I find the best thing to do is to start to mentally distance myself from him. It is a process mentally of course. That way, when he hits that final straw I can leave and not even look back. Works every time.

When I see that we are just not going to make it, I find the best thing to do is to start to mentally distance myself from him. It is a process mentally of course. That way, when he hits that final straw I can leave and not even look back. Works every time.
It usually works, yes.. but that is if you're able to tell from a distance of the impeding danger to your relationship. But if you were thinking of everything smooth sailing and then one day you wake up everything isn't what you thought it was.. :3 Its difficult to put our mind on a ready get set mode.

After a bad breakup, I would go out with my friends a lot! I would also pick up a few good books and read about learning to let go or how to attract more positivity into life. Then, I would find a new hobby or resume my old hobby if I neglected it because of the relationship. Lastly, I would have a good cry. It's not bad to cry. It's only bad if it's excessive. If I continue to be upset and it conflicts with my daily living, I would seek counseling.

I hate bad breakups! I usually cry for weeks and eat a big jug of chocolate ice cream! I think the key is keeping busy and just learning something new everyday. Just remember you are preparing yourself for a better man so why not improve yourself during the process. Learn how to make a new receipe or fix things around the house. Better yet learn how to give yourself a beauty makeover. Start exercising, eating healthy and giving yourself spa treatments for a softer and a brand new you! The more you feel better the more positive energy you send out to that gorgeous man coming your way. You are beautiful and no one can ever take that away.;)

I only had one bad breakup, the guy was a complete moron and he did many hurtful things behind my back. I tried so hard to hold on to a crappy relationship when I should have just let go from the start. Once the relationship ended, I stopped eating, and stopped going out with friends. I would pretty much go to work and then go straight home. It was a horrible time in my life! I really don't think men know how much power they COULD have over us.

Werbung:
I went through a bad break-up almost a year ago.

I think that the one thing that helped me the most was finding new things to do that would occupy the time I would have been spending with him. I had devoted so much time to our relationship that all of my old hobbies hardly existed anymore. It wasn't so easy those first few weeks because it didn't feel real to me, but over time it was as simple as picking up a book. I invested more into the friendships I had barely maintained when we were together, read everything I could get my hands on, worked more than ever and made jewelry. Most importantly, I realized that while I enjoyed being in a relationship, I was losing myself in the process. And with that, I devoted my time to discovering who I was... which was a wonderful thing without worrying about someone and their emotions.

Other than filling up your leisure time, I'd say just go with your days. As time passes, it makes things easier and you move on.

Back