1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Quiz shows! Can't beat them :)

Discussion in 'Fun Time' started by Snowbaby, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

The Weakest Link, BBC1/BBC2 Anne Robinson:

In traffic, what "J" is where two roads meet? Contestant: Jool carriageway.

Anne Robinson: Which Italian city is overlooked by Vesuvius? Contestant: Bombay.

Robinson: What insect is commonly found hovering above >lakes? >Contestant: Crocodiles.

Robinson: Wh...? Contestant (interrupting): Pass!

Robinson: The Bible, the New Testament. The Four Gospels were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and...? Contestant: (long pause) Joe?

Chris Searle Show, BBC Radio Bristol
    Searle: In which European country is Mount Etna? Caller: Japan. Searle: I did say which European country, so in case you didn't hear that, I can let you try again. Caller: Er... Mexico?

Lincs FM phone-in:
    Presenter: Which is the largest Spanish-speaking >country in the world? Contestant: Barcelona. >Presenter: I was really after the name of a country. Contestant: I'm sorry, I don't know the names of any >countries in Spain.

Wright: What is the Italian word for motorway? Contestant: Expresso.

Midday Money, ITV
    Judy Finnegan: The American TV show The Sopranos is about opera -- true or false? Contestant: Er -- true. Finnegan: No, actually, it's about the Mafia. But it is an American TV show, so I'll give you that.

BBC Radio Newcastle
    Paul Wappat: How long did the Six Day War between Egypt and Israel last? Contestant (after long pause): Fourteen days.

Bob Hope Birthday Quiz, LBC
    Presenter: Bob Hope was the fifth of how many sons? Contestant: Four.

2. Potholer

Potholer Active Member

:lol:

Those are great!! :tu:

Especially

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    and

:lol: :lol: