• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Political Correctness

Yes, and then there are those who by mocking it make everything even worse. Maybe not knowingly mocking, but again with the way it's said.

Werbung:
One thing that strikes me as really odd (living in UK) is that people in USA go on about how important it is to have the right to free speech yet they can't say 'happy Christmas'. We don't have too much trouble about Christmas, our children learn about each others beliefs in school and we enjoy (and sometimes join in) various religious festivals. It certainly isn't perfect but it is a start and it helps towards promoting understanding and tolerance.

Justontime that is a very good point. It is very odd situation, they can't say happy Christmas but a pastor can burn the holy book of another religion. Surely that is much more offensive.

Werbung:
And, this is why I homeschool my daughter. The public school system is so busy worrying about offending kids, they aren't bothering to educate them. As for the head lice and chicken pox issue, that's just silly. EVERY parent has the right to know when a disease outbreak occurs. If you live in the United States, you need to report this kind of health concern to your local health department AND the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. Those two agencies are very concerned with limiting disease spread among the local populations. Parents need to know when there is a disease or infestation so they can make informed choices about their child's healthcare options.

Back