• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

People that say I love you way too much

Zynni

I'm all for showing love and even saying the words, but there are people who just say I love you way too much. Like, people who really don't even know you, yet say I love you. It's awkward, because you almost feel like you have to say it back, but you don't even know the person. This seems to be a thing with younger people. I only say it when I mean it, otherwise I think it lessens the power of the words.

Werbung:
I'm all for showing love and even saying the words, but there are people who just say I love you way too much. Like, people who really don't even know you, yet say I love you. It's awkward, because you almost feel like you have to say it back, but you don't even know the person. This seems to be a thing with younger people. I only say it when I mean it, otherwise I think it lessens the power of the words.

I don't like to hear 'I love you,' every single minute of every single day. That's how you'll convince me that you don't love me, if anything. I find that people, these days, are so easy to part with the word love. People will often say things like, 'I love this sweater,' or, 'I love your car,' or, 'I love Kanye West.' And they actually do not love these things. They just like them a lot.

Whenever someone tells me that they like me, I always instantly feel it more than I do when someone tells me that they love me, given that the context adds up of course. Like when I meet a new person and they tell me that they like me for the first time, whereas other have told me that they loved me that first time. You cannot compare the two. I am much more complimented by being told that I am liked. It is honest, and it doesn't over do it on the love thing, and make it lose its meaning.

It's just like swearing. When you swear too much, it loses its effect.

Yes, this drives me nuts! Most of the time a guy I just see as a friend says he loves me. Because I don't say: "I. Love you too!" right after he does he starts the never ending pressure that I have to say it too because he did and blah blah blah. Most people now days can't seem to grasp the concept of differences between infatutation and love.

Yes, this drives me nuts! Most of the time a guy I just see as a friend says he loves me. Because I don't say: "I. Love you too!" right after he does he starts the never ending pressure that I have to say it too because he did and blah blah blah. Most people now days can't seem to grasp the concept of differences between infatutation and love.

When someone tells me that they love me - even when I love them back - if I am not really in tune with saying, 'I love you,' back, at the time, then I simply don't say it.

Words are cheap. If I love someone then I'd hope that they wouldn't need to hear it from me all the time to believe that I love them. I hope that they'd see it in my actions instead.

Then there are people who say, 'I love you, ' because they want to persuade you to do something - like sleeping with them - or they will say it because they they think it is what you want to hear. I am always able to feel out what a person's intention is when they talk to me, especially when they tell me things like, 'I love you.'

When someone tells me that they love me - even when I love them back - if I am not really in tune with saying, 'I love you,' back, at the time, then I simply don't say it.

Words are cheap. If I love someone then I'd hope that they wouldn't need to hear it from me all the time to believe that I love them. I hope that they'd see it in my actions instead.

Then there are people who say, 'I love you, ' because they want to persuade you to do something - like sleeping with them - or they will say it because they they think it is what you want to hear. I am always able to feel out what a person's intention is when they talk to me, especially when they tell me things like, 'I love you.'

Yes, words cheap untill backed by actions.

You either love somebody or you don`t. There are no degrees of love/genuine love, only of the emotion which is so often confused with love/genuine love. Genuine love keeps reins on this emotion. - Conventional (all emotional) romantic love is the nearest thing to hate. It is watered down love to the extent that one`s own ego becomes more prominent. For psychopaths "in love" there of course only exists this ego. thus, conventional romantic love is part way psychopathic. Always ask for an in depth explanation as to what is meant when they adopt the term "love". On most occasions they use the term inappropriately, and what they should say is that they are in emotion with you, entirely different. Expect genuine love only under the circumstances of a constant struggle for perfect empathy.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is 'I love you' to a partner or to a friend when you miss them. I rarely use it but I do with my gay friends because they are always saying it to me, and they expect it back. It doesn't bother me when gay people do it, but it does when couples have to do it in public. The difference is with gay people (or my friends) they are insecure and need to validate it, so that's why it doesn't bother me.

Werbung:
There is 'I love you' to a partner or to a friend when you miss them. I rarely use it but I do with my gay friends because they are always saying it to me, and they expect it back. It doesn't bother me when gay people do it, but it does when couples have to do it in public. The difference is with gay people (or my friends) they are insecure and need to validate it, so that's why it doesn't bother me.

Well, I think it applies to other people as well. I see it as you described, a need for validation.

Straight people have that too. ;)

It just bugs me when people wear it out, and that goes for anybody. I like you, I care about you, you mean a lot to me... there are other things to say besides I love you. I guess I just feel like that should mean something instead of just getting thrown around all the time.

Back