1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Miracle baby survives 2-day abortion proceedure

Discussion in 'Girlie Gossip' started by Snowbaby, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Sometimes an abortion does not produce a dead child. In a recently reported case from Great Britain, even multiple attempts at an abortion failed to do so.

A baby boy who survived repeated efforts to kill him while he was in the womb is doing well as a 2-year-old, according to a report in a British medical journal. Physicians at Salford�s Hope Hospital, where the infant was treated after his birth 24 weeks into his mother�s pregnancy, believe he is the most prematurely born baby to survive abortion long term.

The infant�s travails began when his mother, 24 and already the single parent of a 19-month-old child, learned she was pregnant at 22 weeks, according to a Feb. 14 online article of the Manchester News. The newspaper reported she chose to have an abortion and was given four different drugs during a two-day span for the purpose of taking her child�s life.

Source

2. Tiddlyjen

Tiddlyjen New Member

Im sorry this is one of the main reason's I cant understand abortion (although sometimes I understand circumstances make it a necessity to have one) - what if it doesnt work?

this is absolutely heart wrentching stuff [​IMG]

3. Tia

Tia New Member

One thing I don't get, in Australia the pregnancy is classed as a living baby at 20wks.
    If the woman is to go into premature labour after 20wks she must get a death certificate etc, if the baby died.
    So how come they can give abortions after this time? :umm:

I'm glad this baby is ok, he obviously has a purpose for being here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

I totally agree with you both,. it's really sad [​IMG]